Minutes Jandowae Neighbourhood Watch Meeting at The Cultural Centre (14-feb-17 )
Present:: Mark Avent, Celeste Nelson, Corrina Broad, Cynthia Harling, Bevan and Mary von Cronin, Mike Wilson, Daphne and Ray Polzin. Max Barlow, Ross (Ambulance).
Apologies: George Sturgess, Ann and Brian McNamara, Cheryl Schwerin, Tony Stout. Helen and Dudley Cronin.
Previous Meeting: Minutes read and moved as correct by M Atkinson seconded by Cynthia HarlingCarried
Correspondence: read by Margaret, moved as accepted by Margaret, seconded by Mike Wilson, Carried
Police Report Read by Sergeant Mark Advent. Main points were :
- Public nuisance behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Hotels etc be more aware of intoxicated people and send them off early.
- Huge ruckus at Bell races, resulting in injuries to two police officers and two arrests.
- Reflective Numbers:
- A future meeting regarding reflective house numbers for those houses without gutters will be discussed once part one of the current project is underway.
- Celeste advised that the Business and Commerce group has donated $200 for the reflective numbers project
- The 2 sets of templates are done and donated by Sean Morrisey
- Margaret to find out if we can get black reflective paint or have a black background and gold numbers. Margaret Will check with spray painter Graham Rawlinson
- Flood Mitigation Meeting scheduled for 28/2/17 at the Memorial Hall run by Ron Richardson:
- Joe Abbott from Toastmasters at Tara will facilitate the meeting.
- Councilors will attend but not speak.
- Voting for or against the project will be held by a show of hands. If the community votes to have it, the business group will support it.
- It is recommended that all residents attend to be informed and vote on such an important matter.
- Upgrade of park in centre of High Street. Grants have been obtained for paving, 2 shelters, outdoor furniture and landscaping. Community involvement will be invited.
- Margaret to thank the business group and Sean Morrisey for templates.
Meeting closed at 8.30 pm
Next Meeting: 7.30pm, Wednesday 3rd May at the Cultural Centre