Minutes Of Stewards Meeting 18/05/2010
for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: Donna Tanner, Waveney Skinner, Daphne Polzin, Lillian Krog, George Sturgess, Margaret Atkinson, Gladys Franz, Ruth Sargent, Bev Lindenberg,
Apologies: Janelle Mittelstadt, Maree Cameron, Janice Donald.
- AG Course school students to assist in Produce section.
- Show Schedule changes to horticulture section done early so copies can be handed out.
- All Stewards to be given copies of changes to Schedule for proof reading prior to printing.
- After printing, stewards who do not have computer access, to be given copies of their section so that they can prepare more easily for Show day.
- Themes suggested, Identities, Celebrations.
- Art Section may do local identities.
- CWA Bush Xmas
- Each section will have theme printed in schedule.
- Special sections for Piņatas.
- Any decision on themes will be ratified at next Show meeting.
Repairs to Pavilion:
- Horticulture Section OK. Stewards checked pavilion at end of meeting for any repairs etc needed. Apart from some minor repairs that Ruth will attend to.
- Handicraft needs a new stand to replace dangerous one.
- Stewards would purchase and store at Ushers the rest of the sheets of wood for use when working bee could be arranged.
- Extra room for photography requested by George Sturgess.
- Janelle Mittelstadt requests stands to be moved back to where they were so as to have more space. This will be organized at a later date.
- Replacing some of the high up chicken wire with plastic sheeting: M Atkinson to ask Ron Woods.
- Margaret Atkinson Trophy now listed in Teenage Section to be listed in Novice section of Needlework.
- Rich Fruit Cake Competition to be included.
- Various other changes and additions were handed to Margaret for inclusion in Schedule
Updated Judges List : M Atkinson to enquire from Pat Tynan at Belle and/or QCAS.
Hand Written Trophy Tickets: L Krog offered to do this.
Meeting Closed: 11 30 am.