Minutes January 10th 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Sue Wilson, Margaret Atkinson, Ian Rasmussen, Lillian Krog, George Sturgess, Heather Gall, Ivan and Katy Grundy, David Greenup Donna Tanner
Apologies: : Neville Schuman, Maree Cameron, Gladys Franz
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M. Atkinson, seconded by S Wilson. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by L. Krog. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By D Tanner. Moved as accepted by D Tanner, Seconded by D. Greenup. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by M Atkinson, seconded by I. Grundy Carried.
- Tree Planting: Once again we have been inundated with water and the showground awash, thus hampering efforts to plant again. The area had been sprayed for weeds as preparation for planting. Donna keeping an eye on the soil and will wait for an opportunity to plant. A tractor is to be made available. Due to the flooding, the Kindergarten is having trouble getting the load of gravel moved out of the way of part of the tree planting area, but this is in hand now. Donna is caretaking the trees. Thank you Donna.
- Miss Showgirl:: Sue bought us up to date on progress. The dinner will be on the 19th February at the Golf Club and judging on the same day. Sue will request that Renae Radke and father consider being the judge for the entrants. Sue is currently accepting nominations for all classes.
- Painting of Showground Buildings As the result of a submission presented by Lillian Krog at previous meeting requesting assistance with funding from the Show Society State Government Grant to assist with painting of Showground buildings, it was decided after a lengthy discussion that Jandowae Show Society give $8000 this year and reconsider funding next year. The money will be allocated to the Jandowae Showground Association. Moved David Greenup, seconded G. Sturgess.
- Working Bee Dates : 5th February, M Atkinson and others will make morning tea to share.
- Fashion Parade : L Krog to ask Dale Jolly and also Nicky Zeller to supply two separate fashion parades
- Woodwork Steward: M Atkinson to ask Ray Polzin to nominate.
- Animal Farm: M Atkinson to book lady from last year
- Section Judges: Will be organised by the section stewards
- Insurance : M Atkinson will clarify the matter of rain insurance with the insurance company.
- Show Photos : to be sent to Ian Rasmussen
- Facebook: Now contains mention of Jandowae Show.
Meeting Closed: 9 20 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 7th February