Minutes March 7th 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : David Greenup (Chairperson), Neville Schumann, Donna Tanner, Sue Wilson, Kate Whittall, George Sturgess, Gladys Franz, Heather Gall, Ivan & Kay Grundy, Janelle Mittelstadt, Nancy Evans, Lillian Krog.
Apologies: : Ian Rasmussen, Margaret Atkinson, Maree Cameron, Gary Krog, Maree Merker, Ian Russell.
Note for correction of February minutes :: Minutes Date noted as January to be changed to February, together with the addition of attendance by Sue Wilson and Lillian Krog.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by Lillian Krog. The minutes as read to be accepted was moved by George Sturgess, seconded by Sue Wilson. Carried
Correspondence: Read by Lillian Krog. Moved that the Inward correspondence be accepted and Outward endorsed. Moved by Lillian Krog seconded by Neville Schumann. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : presented by Donna Tanner: Statement as per attached. Donna Moved that the Treasurers Report be accepted as presented and accounts be passed for payment, Seconded by Ivan Grundy. Carried.
- As part of the Treasurers Report: Donna suggested that monies from the V2Plus account be transferred back to the Show cheque account for the duration of the Show which will be held Saturday March 19th. Moved by
Donna Tanner Seconded by Kay Grundy. Carried.
- Re Assistant Treasurer: A motion was presented regarding the inclusion of assistant treasurer Heather Gall being endorsed as signature' of the cheque account for the month of March. Moved by Gladys Franz seconded by George Sturgess that this be applicable. Carried.
- Deposit For The Supply Of Alcohol:As part of the Accounts for payment and due to the large amount of the account for alcohol for the show it was moved by Lillian Krog and seconded by Neville Schumann that a deposit of $1,000.00 be paid as a deposit to the Jandowae Hotel /Motel, the business which holds the successful tender for 2011.
- Weather: David Greenup opened discussion re the weather of which we had been experiencing in recent times and the effect that this may have upon the show. The possibilities of having to cancel the Horse and Cattle programmes however all other events/ entertainment/ rodeo could go ahead.
- Work at the grounds has been progressing, with mowing and general maintenance being conducted. There was a need to have the dry mown grass windrowed (by Gordon Usher) who provided his services free of charge, a letter of thanks written and complimentary tickets sent. Jandowae Fire Services have burnt same with the result being excellent. Pavilion is in good condition, the expectation is that all stewards prepare their own sections for the show.
- Entertainment: is organised with the inclusion of a Display of Poultry and Caged birds, possibility of holding competition displays for the year 2012. `Pinky' a trick rider will present three performances on show day.
A list of all relevant sections and entertainment is attached.
- Microphone for undercover entertainment/ fashion parade and cooking demonstration will be provided by George Sturgess.
- Miss Showgirl, Princess competition the organiser Sue Wilson presented a report on the evening. A very successful evening was held at the Jandowae Golf Club, names of winning young ladies as per attached list.
- Black Board: A suggestion to have a black board displayed with the programme and times for events for all to view. This to be placed around the undercover area/ bar. Timing for the events programme will be arranged early in the week prior to the show.
- Discussion Many items were discussed, all of which will be resolved through discussion with executive to arrange same..
- Night-watchmen for Wed,Thurs,Frid nights. Ivan Grundy has indicated that he could be available to do these duties on wed,thurs.
- Closing time for Pavilion: Time to dismantle displays 5.30pm with pavilion lock up time 6.15pm to allow for patrons and stewards to access seating for rodeo. Carolyn Sherrard to oversee lock up with assistance from stewards.
- Advertising and Promotion of the show is being covered by many mediums. Hot Country Radio, Paper media through Chinchilla News, Dalby Herald and Northern Downs News of which Nancy will oversee.
Showgirl and Princess photographs to be included these have been provided to Nancy.
- Other items that are in the process of being organised: Gate (Rotary), Marquee, Porta toilet, Fashion Parade, Bar, Soft Drink Stall, Seating for Rodeo, Catering, Judges, Ribbons, Trophies.
- Show Schedules All have been distributed, Chinchilla, Jandowae, Dalby posted to Stud Cattle exhibitors
- Working Bees will be held each weekend or at a time which suits stewards wishing to work mid week, the keys will be available to them.
- Kendall Cox farewell George Sturgess advise that a farewell will be held for Kendall Cox, our ambulance officer who has been in Jandowae for many years, all welcome.
Meeting Closed: 9 30 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 4th April