Minutes February 7th 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Ian Rasmussen, M. Atkinson. Neville Schumann, George Sturgess. Janelle Mittelstadt, Gladys Franz, Katy and Ivan Grundy, David Greenup, Donna Tanner, Nancy Evans, Tony Bartlett. (Amendment 7/3/2011)And Sue Wilson and Lillian Krog
Welcome: to our new member Tony Bartlett, Principal of Jandowae State School
Apologies: : Ian and Kate Russell, Garry and Maree Krog, Heather Gall
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M. Atkinson, seconded by G Sturgess. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by L. Krog. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By D Tanner. Moved as accepted by D Tanner, Seconded by M Atkinson. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by S Wilson Carried.
- Miss Showgirl: S Wilson advised:
- Will be held on 19th February at Golf club which has been booked.
- The photographer will George Sturgess
- Master of ceremonies will be L Krog or K Grundy
- Dinner to be catered by CWA, will be ham and perhaps quiche and salad.
- Advertised on Facebook by Ian Rasmussen
- Entrance Cost will be $15 a head; $40 a family of Mum Dad and kids; $10 for high school students; $5 for Primary School Students; Pre-schoolers free.
- Apology for not attending by M Atkinson
- Donation to Showground Committee, due process needs the request for monies by the Showground Committee to be in a formal letter from that committee, before it can be granted, even though it has been already agreed to at the previous meeting.
- Annual Council Donation: M Atkinson will remind the Western Downs council that the money has still not been received despite last year's assurance by Councilor Charlene Hall that the Show Committee would henceforth automatically receive the donation without application.
- Tree Planting: A few more trees have been planted and given that the weather holds we hope to have it finished in time for Show day.
- Schedule Printing Despite two requests Chinchilla Press has not been able to supply a proof copy, however they have supplied two editions in the form of loose A4 pages, which were used by those who attended this meeting to correct errors. It is intended that the amended copy will be promptly sent back to the printers with instructions to alert the secretary when the booklets are available; then I. Rasmussen will transport them from Chinchilla to L Krog for distribution in Jandowae.
- Working Bee Dates: Re-scheduled for 5th March and 12th March if necessary.
- Grant M Atkinson has applied to the Queensland Gas Company for sponsorship for the Show.
- Show Advertising L Krog has put up some colourful posters around town
- Fashion Parade Nicky Zella has agreed to do a fashion parade if available. L Krog will invite Dale from the Coffee Shop to run a parade.
- Show Ground Surface has been repaired with sand and road-base
- Gravel Pile has been removed from the Show Ground
- Liquor Licence will cost $53 when application made by L Krog has been accepted
- Drinks Stall L Krog advised that the Kindy will again run the drinks stall, which will include the sale of Ice Cream and be managed by Sally Bidstrup
- Rodeo Janelle Mittelstadt confirmed that Lester has everything in hand
- Pavilion Steward S Wilson will be on duty from 9-11 AM when Carolyn Sherrard will take over for the rest of the day, though she will need people to relieve her when she takes a break
- Face Painting Sonya Bassingthwaighte will arrange for some girls to set up face painting for children.
- Cooked Meals Annabelle Rasmussen will supply something for the President's Lunch and the night kitchen
- Helium Balloons D Tanner will investigate their supply as further entertainment
- Cooking Demonstration by Children Endorsed by headmaster Tony Bartlett will be arranged by D Tanner aided by V Sullivan
- Judges M Cameron has arranged Faye Head as a judge for Art; N Evans has arranged another for Photography; L Krog has a list of other possible judges
- Supply Liquor This week M Atkinson will invite the three pubs to tender.
- Presidents Lunch will be held in the Show office and organised by S Wilson
Meeting Closed: 8 49 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 7th March