Minutes December 6th 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: Ian Rasmussen [President]; Donna Tanner, Ivan Grundy, Kay Grundy, Maree Cameron, Gladys Franz, Lillian Krog [Relieving Secretary].
Apologies: Margaret Atkinson, Heather Gall, David Greenup.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by L Krog. The minutes be adopted moved by L Krog Seconded by M Cameron. Carried. .
Business Arising from minutes: Tree Planting, Show Schedule, Music for 2011 Jandowae Show and the Mystery Seed Competition.
- `Odyssey' Entertainment for 2011 Show
- Ergon Energy... Sponsorship Art Section
- Rotary Club re their `Carnival Night'
- Christmas Wishes from Angus & Vicki Lane
- Morrissey & Co sponsorship donation for Rodeo and Cattle branding iron.
Mal Sprenger [magician] booked and confirmed
- Katrina Horn & Peter & Barbara Rathmell sponsorship.
- Rabobank...decline sponsorship.
- Government Infrastructure and Planning ...Grant.
- Educational Reptile Displays - information, no price.
- Christmas Card to Angus & Vicki and request to announce at 2011 Jandowae Show.
Chinchilla News re schedule.
Jessica Flynn re unsuccessful tender of schedule.
- Confirmation of music at show..'Odyssey'
Urgent request of Tax Invoice to Ergon Energy for payment, Art.
- Letter from L Krog detailing the history of Government Grant.
Moved by L Krog Seconded by M Cameron that the inward correspondence be received and outward endorsed. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Presented by Donna Tanner. Moved by D Tanner that this report be accepted and accounts be passed for payment seconded by M Cameron. Carried. .
- New receipt book has been ordered. Maree Cameron made mention that maybe the ABN should be included on receipt.
- Discussion was held regarding the planting of the trees on ground. This has had some difficulties due to the weather. A work in progress and a lot of planning has gone into this venture.
- Miss Showgirl/ Show Princess. Sue Wilson not in attendance, to be discussed at length next meeting.
- Re Letter from Rotary detailing their function `Carnival Night' to replace the Rotary Fete. February 12th 2011.
Moved by L Krog and seconded by K Grundy that a letter be sent advising Rotary that we would be unable to man a stall for their event however wishing them all the best with their venture.
- Sub-Chamber meeting: L Krog and M Atkinson attended. Lillian gave report. Items.
- Programme for special needs children.
- Companion Card.
- Showmen's Guild 'Think Tank' to be held in January.
- Reports from Rural Ambassadors re Next Generation Meetings and the success they are having, and the way to bring youth into show's.
- Toowoomba has decided not to go ahead with the change of their show date.
- Pat Tynan, re Secretary's seminar for instruction on necessary paperwork.
- Discussion on various aspects of Ring programme and judges.
- Bio Security, website.
- Rodeo....Lester Mittelstadt not in attendance.
- L Krog outlined the details of the Government Infrastructure and Planning Grant. President Ian suggested that this information be an agenda
item for the January meeting. Moved by Kay Grundy seconded by Ivan Grundy that information relevant to the annual grant be forwarded to committee members who attend our monthly meetings, so as this can be perused prior to the next meeting.
- President expressed appreciation to Lillian for organising a social event for the Rasmussen family to meet show committee and stewards. All agreed that it was a great day.
- A farewell for Jenny Rennick is Thursday evening at 6.OO pm. Jenny is a former show secretary. We wish Jenny all the best.
Ken Krog has purchased knapsack spray equipment. To endeavour to control weeds.
Next Meeting: As the next meeting will fall on the 3rd January 2011 and this is a public holiday, it was decided to have the next monthly show meeting 7.30 PM Monday 10th January, venue to be advised.
Meeting Closed: 8 50 pm. Lillian Krog
Ivan Grundy gave apology for Januarv Meeting