Minutes September 6th 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: Ian Rasmussen, Janelle Mittelstadt, Lillian Krog, Donna Tanner, Neville Schumann, David Greenup, Margaret Atkinson.
Apologies: Gladys Franz, Maree Cameron, George Sturgess, Heather Gall, Sue Wilson, Katy Grundy.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by I Rasmussen, seconded by D Greenup. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by L Krog. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By D Tanner. Moved as accepted by D Tanner, Seconded by M Atkinson. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by M. Atkinson Carried.
- Tree Planting: Gladys has researched the cost and types of trees and supplied examples and cost to the meeting. It was decided to purchase a mix of Chinchilla White gums, and tall growing Callistemon. A motion moved by I Rasmussen that Gladys and Donna choose and purchase same. Seconded by M Atkinson. Carried.
The planting project will be towards the end of this month if weather and people to plant is viable.
- Invitation To Mr Trevor Cameron I. Rasmussen advised that Mr Trevor Cameron, the Facilities Officer of Western Downs Council, was interested in the Showgrounds and our needs. Ian suggested M Atkinson write to Mr Cameron and invite him to a meeting. A list of concerns for discussion will be compiled beforehand.
- Show Grounds Use L Krog gave a copy of the report of Carollee Murphy, the Regional Community Support Manager, delivered to the Council Showgrounds meeting at Miles , clarifying eligibility for the Council funding Program. Council will be allocating certain amounts of money towards capital works to all Showgrounds in the Western Downs region. The more use the community makes of a facility, the better positioned that facility is to attract funding. Lillian is to write to all local organizations asking for ideas on what they would like to happen to enhance facilities at the Showgrounds, so more use could be made of the grounds.
- Camping at Showground: The meeting agreed that camping without electricity or hot water be allowed at the Show Ground for up to two nights, at a fee of $10 a night. To answer any enquiries the phone numbers of L Krog and M Atkinson would be listed at the cultural centre and on a sign L Krog will place on the kiosk at the Show Ground entrance. If the provision of a toilet and cold water were insufficient, travellers would be directed to the Caravan Park.
- Show On Face Book: I. Rasmussen to put details of the Show Society on Face Book and add coming attractions as they became known. He will give access to other members to include information on the site.
- Melbourne Cup: There was a general consensus that the Show Society will NOT have the annual Melbourne Cup lunch this year, as the profit does not justify the effort.
Meeting Closed: 8 41 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 4th October