Minutes July 5th 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: Sue Wilson, Katy and Ivan Grundy, Gladys Franz, Heather Gall, Margaret Atkinson, Donna Tanner.
Apologies: Lillian Krog, Neville Schumann, David, Greenup, Maree Cameron, Celie Jeitz, George Sturgess, Carolyn Sherrard, Nancy Evans.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M Atkinson, seconded by I Grundy. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by H Gall, seconded by Gladys Franz. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read by D Tanner . Moved as accepted by D Tanner, seconded by K Grundy. Carried.
- Accounts for payment: Moved by M Atkinson seconded by H Gall. Carried.
- Tree Planting:
Margaret reported that she had liaised with Kate Haig, Landcare in regard to our tree planting project. Kate was able to supply us with a map of the Showgrounds showing where electricity lines etc were located. Kate also gave us names of suitable vendors that could advise about suitable trees for the area that would tolerate the drought. Kate also included some useful information from DPI.
Donna advised that she will submit books to Aland and Co. as we have not been able to secure a cheaper accountant. Hopefully audit will be completed by AGM to be held on Monday August 2nd.
- Showgirl Reunion:
Heather and Margaret attended the Darling Downs Sub-Chamber of Agricultural Societies Reunion. One hundred and twenty people attended and it was a successful reunion.
- Monies From Queensland Health :
M Atkinson advised that on direction of Elise Gallager of Chinchilla health Department, an invoice for $2750 ($2500 + $250 GST) was faxed from Jandowae Hospital to the Manager of Queensland Health Department, PO Box 365 Chinchilla. The money to be drawn from the Jandowae Liquor Accord Auspice Funds , Queensland Health Account: General Grants 570000 as Cost Centre 820220. When the money is deposited in the Show society account, $200 will be deducted as a donation to the Show Society with the balance to be held in a term deposit until further instructions are received from Chinchilla Health Department.
- Show Dates:
A letter from QCAS advising that Toowoomba Show Society wish to have their Show prior to Easter from now on as they are financially disadvantaged in having the Show after Easter as they have always done. As the letter invited comments, Margaret to reply with the comments of the meeting.
- Excess Soft Drinks: Lillian advised that excess cans of our drinks have been sold through Rotary functions for $50. Thank you Lillian. Lillian also advised the Western Downs regional council, due to Occupational, Health and Safety reasons, has replaced the steps into the office, repaired the guttering on the grandstand and replaced the steps up to the grandstand. They have also put the power cables, leading from the pavilion to the undercover betting area, underground. The Society is most grateful and Lillian has written a letter of thanks to the Council
- Don't Move Rodeo: Suggestion to move the Show Rodeo to the ring, the location used this year by Timbertown. The meeting considered that any change to the position of the Show Rodeo would be too detrimental to the successful running of the Show , so M Atkinson moved no change, seconded by K Grundy Carried.
- Showground Booking For 1st weekend in October by Mrs Labrie for sleeping and meals for schoolchildren.
- New Equipment
A Gurney be bought from Usher's Hardware Moved K Grundy seconded by D Tanner Carried.
A Microwave oven be bought Moved H Gall seconded by G Franz Carried.
M Atkinson promised to supply a Blower Vacuum.
Meeting Closed: 8 40 pm.
Next Meeting: AGM 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday August 2nd