Minutes October 4th 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Donna Tanner, Lillian Krog, David Greenup, Heather Gall, Carolyn Sherrard, George Sturgess, Margaret Atkinson, Katie and Ivan Grundy, Ian Rasmussen, Nancy Evans.
Apologies: Maree Cameron, Gladys Franz, Ian and Kate Russell, Neville Schuman.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by I Rasmussen, seconded by L Krog. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by K Grundy. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By D Tanner. Moved as accepted by D Tanner, Seconded by I Grundy. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by M. Atkinson Carried.
- Tree Planting: Due to the unseasonably wet weather, the Show grounds were a quagmire. Mr Tanner who owns the tractor was bogged on the farm and unable to be moved. Lillian has done a map of the electricity cables and getting these details double checked by the electrician who laid them many years ago as “Dial before you dig” was unable to assist. Donna and Gladys will continue with the purchases of the trees, roundup and mulch. The weeds are rife and need to be sprayed in the tree positions.
- Show Schedule Choice of publisher to be made after quote from Chinchilla.
Moved by G Sturgess, Seconded by D Greenup Carried.
- Large Pile Of Dirt In Showground: L Krog, as secretary of Showgrounds Committee reported that the Kindergarten had apologized for lack of communication regarding the pile of dirt placed in the grounds by them, which will be moved before the Show.
- Jandowae Adaptive Games Association L Krog reported that the association which meets at Rotary Park once a week, had now become incorporated and requested the use of the Showgrounds for their meeting; and this request will be granted.
- Sub Chamber meeting 24/11/2010 : In Toowoomba will be attended by M Atkinson and L Krog.
- Fine Arts Theme Of The Year : D Tanner advised the committee that Celebrations was the theme for the next Show's Fine Arts Section. And school children will be making pull-string Pinatas
- Ambulance For Show Day: M Atkinson to book early following the recommendation by G Sturgess. The presence of the miniature ambulance will be organised G Sturgess.
Meeting Closed: 8 27 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 1st November