Minutes April 4th 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Margaret Atkinson, Donna Tanner, David Greenup, Carolyn Sherrard, Katie and Ivan Grundy, Lillian Krog, Ian Rasmussen, Nancy Evans , Heather Gall, Neville Schumann, Maree Cameron, Gladys Franz
Apologies: : Kate and Ian Russell, George Sturgess, Sue Wilson.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by L Krog, seconded by N Schuman. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by D Tanner, seconded by D Greenup. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By D Tanner. Moved as accepted by D Tanner, Seconded by D Greenup. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by I Grundy Carried.
- Show Business: Despite the poor weather and last minute disruption of personnel by a sudden medical problem, it was considered the Show was a success
- Takings: Gate down about $1000, the bar was down about $300, the BBQ was up $400. Day kitchen the same and night kitchen down.
- Sponsorship: Late sponsorship money — Queensland Gas Co. $500, Pioneer $500, Deacon Seed $100.
- Rodeo, Pouring rain during Rodeo. Limited prize money given out. Show Society gives $3000 for prize money. It was clarified that there is no refund.
- Miss Show Girl L Krog reported that Miss Showgirl Kyra was able to attend the Show at Toowoomba but unable to attend the dinner as she was ill. Kyra thanked the Show Society for the opportunity to participate as Miss Showgirl.
- Guild Camping In Showground: L Krog has written to Bell secretary Pat Tynan to find out rules for Guild people camping several weeks later and what fees should be charged. Grading will be needed to level the earth ploughed up by Guild trucks in some parts of the show ground.
- Guild Thank You The Showman’s Guild has thanked all the country shows who opened in spite of flooding throughout Queensland .
- Tim Baskerville's Trophy: L Krog has purchased Tim Baskerville's Trophy and will give him same.
- Most Points In The Pavilion: Was won by Maree Cameron so her photo will appear on the Jandowae website.
- People's Art Choice: Was won by Maree Cameron so she will paint the cover for next year's Schedule.
- Photography Section George Sturgess advised M Atkinson by phone that he will be putting up the 3rd sheet of plasterboard in photography section.
- Expenses $50 was paid to George Sturgess for the cost of petrol incurred by collecting and returning mini ambulance to Toowoomba.
Meeting Closed: 9 - 05. pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 2th May