Minutes August 2nd 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: Lillian Krog, Margaret Atkinson, David Greenup, Heather Gall, Donna Tanner, Maree Cameron, Katy and Ivan Grundy, Sue Wilson, Neville Schumann, George Sturgess, Ian Rasmussen, Michael and Amelia wood, Clint Nelson, Gladys Franz.
Apologies: Reverend Carolyn Sherrard, Kate and Ian Russell, Nancy Evans, Jess Flynn, Gary and Maree Krog.
Meeting chaired: by David Greenup (to familiarize new President Ian Rasmussen)
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M Atkinson, seconded by L. Krog. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by L Krog. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : As per AGM, with slight adjustments as from end of financial year and balance supplied. K Grundy moved that D Tanner transfer $36000 from AV account to term deposit for 5 months at 6%. Seconded by M Cameron. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. D Tanner will pay Auditor $1700 within one week to save $78. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by N. Schuman Carried.
- Tree Planting: M. Atkinson will advise Powerlink of the following: The underground electricity lines and plumbing have been investigated; A plan has been drawn up to plant the 50 trees, late September to avoid frost damage; The 50 trees will be planted along the fence line up to the cattle section and along the left to the entry towards the Kindergarten; Gladys Franz will be going to Chinchilla open nursery to purchase trees as their climate is more similar to Jandowae so trees will be acclimatized; More investigation will be done to determine how to water and protect trees after planting from both weather and vandals.
- Chinchilla Health Services Monies: Are to be kept in trust by the Show Society for the Liquor Accord Committee to be distributed at their discretion. M. Avent will be asked to tell Elise Gallagher, from Chinchilla Health, that the money has yet to be deposited in the Show Society account. M. Avent will also be asked to place in writing his request for $50 towards the cost of Blue Light Disco, to be paid once the funds have arrived.
- Pavilion Steward : Reverend Carolyn Sherrard, being unable to attend the meeting, requested by email that she be given a job. The meeting decided that we were very much in need of a Pavilion Steward and chose Carolyn Sherrard. M Atkinson will advise Carolyn of the duties involved.
- Showground Upkeep: L Krog, on behalf of the Show Ground Committee, has advised that for Occupational Health and Safety reasons, the Western Downs Regional Council has done further work to the Showgrounds. The High Tower has been caged which prevents unauthorized people from climbing up there. The landing in front of the room above the kitchen has been repaired. The steps leading to the office have been replaced and various areas of guttering has been replaced and the railing on the grandstand.
- Chain Saw Competition Interest: M Atkinson will follow up the question from the Sub-Chamber with Pat Tynan .
Meeting Closed: 9 30 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 6th September