Minutes May 2nd 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Ian Rasmussen, Margaret Atkinson, Maree Cameron, Ivan & Katy Grundy, Nancy Evans, Lillian Krog, Gladys Franz
Apologies: : Donna Tanner, Kate & Ian Russell, David Greenup, Sue Wilson
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M Atkinson, seconded by I Grundy Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson
Letter received from Showground Committee formalizing previous request for the allocation of $8000 to be given to Showgrounds Committee towards cost of painting Pavilion and office.
Treasurer's Report : Read By I Rasmussen Moved as accepted by L Krog, Seconded by M Cameron Carried.
- Accounts for payment:.
- Two years payment of $250 to be paid to Scouts for cleaning showgrounds the morning after Show as no payment had been paid for 2010.
- Payment for hire of tables and chairs from Memorial hall has not come in. Secretary to contact D Greenup to find out how many we hired and account to then be paid to Cultural centre, who will know the costs involved.
- Sub Chamber Meeting: to be held at Toowoomba Showgrounds on 25th May for those who wish to attend
- Pavilion Repairs needed M Cameron has spoken to some of the Stewards. Ron Woods be contacted to put up new backing for CWA display (wood available at Ian Ushers) , and more backing in Photography. Moved L Krog Seconded N Evans Carried.
- Get Well Card M Atkinson to send Neville Schuman on behalf of Show Society
- Guild Vehicle Damage Ian Usher be contacted about damage done to grounds by Guild vehicles. Moved L Krog Seconded I Grundy Carried.
- Manual Arts Section The Stewards have suggested Heather Gersekosky approach the school to announce the new section and encourage entries.
- New Light in Arts Section As it is too dark when cloudy to see the paintings clearly Michael Wood be asked to install a fluorescent light. Moved M Atkinson Seconded M Cameron Carried.
- Photography Entry Deadline As there were numerous entries for Photography section this year, and time consuming to prepare them for display, it was decided that the deadline (noon on Wednesday prior to Show) be strictly adhered to as the current relaxation of the rules had resulted in the problem of not enough time to prepare them for display
- Laser Level To be purchased by Nancy Evans to make it easier to set up the photograph section display, with the cost born by the Show Society. Moved I Rasmussen Seconded K Grundy Carried.
- Monthly Working Bee G Franz suggested that the work needed to prepare the Show Ground for the Show be carried out over the year rather than done at the last minute; with the first Working Bee to be held on Saturday 21st May between 8am and Noon to prepare a program of jobs
- Early Apologies L Krog, I & K Grundy, and Ian Rasmussen are unable to attend the next meeting.
Meeting Closed: 8.30. pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 6th June