Minutes November 1th 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: : Margaret, Ian Rasmussen, Maree Cameron, George Sturgess, Gladys Franz, Ivan Grundy, Sue Wilson, Neville Schumann.
Apologies: Heather Gall, Lillian Krog, Katy Grundy, Nancy Evans, David Greenup, Ian & Kate Russell,Donna Tanner.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by G Sturgess, seconded by S Wilson. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, seconded by G. Sturgess. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read By I Rasmussen. Moved as accepted by S Wilson, Seconded by G Sturgess. Carried.
- Accounts for payment:. Moved by M Cameron, seconded by G. Franz Carried.
- Tree Planting: List of trees presented and final decisions made on which trees. Namely Chinchilla White gums, Dwarf Sugar Gums, Broad leaf bottle tree, Assorted Lilly Pillys. Hibisceus Tiliaceus, Native Frangipani and assorted Callistemons. Donna has purchase the trees and they are in safekeeping on her farm. Working bee to be assembled shortly. Lillian has all maps of water pipes and electricity,. We have been advised this week, by Mr Trevor Cameron Community Facilities and Services Coordinator of the Western Downs Regional Council that all work proposals for the Show grounds has to be passed by him. This could hold things up! Some weeks ago I wrote and invited Mr Cameron to attend our Show meeting to listen to our concerns, but as yet have had no reply.
- Powerlink Morning Tea: M Atkinson advised that she and L Krog Attended at Warra Community Hall and we were given a plaque 'Commemorating the Community environmental Program in partnership with the Western Downs Regional Council', which L Krog will install in Gazebo near front gate of the Show Ground, for all to see.
- Show Schedule M Atkinson to advise tenders that the successful publisher is Chinchilla Press, moved by G Sturgess, Seconded by I Grundy Carried.
- Show Music D Tanner has obtained information about a group and George Sturgess will contact an entertainer known to him, for consideration.
- Mystery Seed: Previous Horticultural exhibitors will be invited to present at the next Show a plant grown from an unidentified seed to be sent to them by D Tanner. Moved S Wilson, seconded I Grundy. Carried.
- Toowoomba Sub Chamber Meeting 24/11/10: M Atkinson and L Krog will attend.
- Apology For Next Show Meeting : M Atkinson will be unable to attend
Meeting Closed: 8 18 pm.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 6th December