Minutes August 1st 2011 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: M. Atkinson, D, Tanner, I. Rasmussen, S. Wilson, D. Greenup, L & K Krog, I. Grundy, G. Sturgess, Sue Schrag (new secretary)
Apologies: I & K Russell, K. Grundy, N. Schumann, H. Gall, R. Sargent, M. Cameron, G. Franz, Rev. C. Sherrard.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M Atkinson, seconded by I Grundy Carried
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson , moved as accepted by M Atkinson seconded by S Wilson Carried
Treasurer's Report : Read and moved as accepted by D Tanner, seconded by M Atkinson Carried
- Accounts payable. Moved by D Tanner, seconded by M.Atkinson. Carried
- Queensland Government Grant M. Atkinson advised that the grant would be paid subject to the return by post of the completed application forms by the new Secretary S. Schrag .
- Online Banking will be adopted to enhance the existing system, without compromising the security of two signatories, and will be set up by the treasurer. Moved by I. Rasmussen seconded by D Tanner Carried
- Show Society Website I. Rasmussen to create a website dedicated to the Jandowae Show, with links to the Jandowae website and Facebook.
- New Secretary
- Secretarial Documents M Atkinson will handover all to S Schrag
- Announce M Atkinson will advise Q.C.A.S., Western Downs Council and Pat Tynan that the position is now held by Sue Schrag
- Schedule Steward Will be Karel Brownhall. Moved by L Krog seconded by D Tanner Carried
- Show Ground Mowing Showground Committee will write to Councillor Charlene Hall, who has voiced concerns about volunteer burn out, to request Western Downs Council assistance.
- Showground Maintenance L Krog, on behalf of Showground Committee, reported that major works had been done by the Council, which included painting the grandstand and its seating.
- Pavilion Maintenance
- Repairs to Stands Ian Usher has delivered the sheets for repairs to be carried out by Ron Wood when he returns in September
- Art Section Ron Wood is donating and installing a fluorescent light
- Needlework Section M.Cameron advised of the need of a new board under the bench.
- New BBQ Area Is on schedule and plans are with Council.
Meeting Closed: 9.10 pm and supper served
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 5th September