Minutes 1st February 2010 for Jandowae and District Show Society Inc.
Present: David Greenup, Angus Lane, Margaret Atkinson, Neville Schumann, Sue Wilson, Donna Tanner, George Sturgess, Rev. Carolyn Sherrard, Maree Cameron, Gladys Franz, Katy and Ivan Grundy, Janelle Mittelstadt, Nancy Evans.
Apologies: : Lillian Krog, Ian and Kate Russell, Heather Gall, Celie Jeitz, Ruth Sargent.
Minutes Of Previous Meeting: Read by M. Atkinson. The minutes as read be accepted was moved by M Atkinson, seconded by S. Wilson. Carried. .
Correspondence: Read by M Atkinson Moved as accepted by M Atkinson, 2nd by D Greenup. Carried. .
Treasurer's Report : Read by D Tanner . Moved as accepted by D Tanner, seconded by G Sturgess. Carried.
Accounts for payment be paid to. Newsagent, Post office., Insurance Moved by D Greeenup seconded by S Wilson. Carried.
- Preparations for Show: Working bee Sat 6th commence 7am. The drinks Kiosk has been fouled by pigeons and needs to be cleaned. Helen and Dudley apologized cannot attend but will attend next working bee.
- General clean up where needed.
- Neville to check leak under sink in office. .
- Toilet repairs to be attended to. .
- Secretary to supply cake for morning tea.
- Celie to supply sandwiches for morning tea. .
- Miss Showgirl Dinner: Sue reported that all is organized. The venue, menu, caterers, applicants, judges and Cultural centre booked for judging. George has volunteered to be the photographer on the night and send pictures to Nancy Evans. Sue is organizing raffle. Margaret to do the door.
- QLD. Gov Grant. The Qld Gov. has given a grant of $6537. Margaret to do project acquittal i.e. Show Summary and expenditure report within three months of Show day.
- Western Downs Grant. Secretary contacted Councilor Charlene Hall regarding our yearly grant of $2500 from Council. Charlene informed Margaret it should have been applied for in Aug. 2009. Margaret was unaware of this requirement. So will apply for 2011 grant in Aug 2010. Charlene agreed to accept a late application, and emailed forms Mon. 1st Feb. Margaret completed application, Donna supplied latest audit figures and David co-signed the application, which is now in the mail. Charlene has promised to lobby with the committee to ensure that it is passed.
- Alcohol purchase for Show day. Secretary to give tender to Jandowae's three hotels. and includes, delivery, supplying ice and topping up drinks if they run out. Also buy back left overs.
- N Schuman will open Show by welcoming everyone.
- Rotary Drinks Stall: Cans soft drinks and water to be supplied by Pink Pub as per Rotary request. Margaret and Kylie to man the stall and David will assist. Proceeds to Show Society.
- Night watch 3 nights (Show Week)
Garry Baines to do some shifts and Ivan has offered to assist as Paul Price unable to do so this year.
Peter Kelly and Garry Baines to do toilet duty. Judy Kelly has offered to do a turn on ladies toilets.
Margaret is to contact Ray Brook Security for Sat night.
- Secretary to book portable toilet from Master Hire Dalby and request discount if we name a hack ring after the firm.
- Ambulance booking has been confirmed for 4 hours from 6pm. George Sturgess announced that he would be collecting the mini ambulance, so popular with children, from Toowoomba for the Show.
- Terry Arnold has rung and confirmed that he will be attending the Show as our singer for same fee as last year. Secretay to book accommodation for the Sat night.
- J Mittelstadt reported Rodeo organized. Toolumbillah and Murgon has Rodeo on same day.
- Collection of benches for Rodeo from Dalby Show Secretary to contact Kylie. Secretary to do sign “Don’t sit on top bench” for seating.
- Borrowing of marquees Secretary to contact Black Toyota, and Reliance BP Petrol regarding.
- Vehicles in grand parade Secretary to contact Black Toyota and Luck Ford.
Grand Parade will be at 2pm.
- RACQ & SES stands Secretary to invite their attendance.
- RED BUS lady Secretary has sent email; No reply as yet.
- Hospital Stand Secretary to email Judith Druce to see if required.
- Show Feature Secretary to create and send to Nancy for publication in March
- Photography Judge N Evans is organizing.
- Horticulture Judges R Sargent is organizing for section.
- Woodwork Judges Sue Wilson will contact Max Barlow and Ross Gersekowski and request them as judges.
- Fashion Parade K Grundy is organising and will advise what Fashions involved.
- Announcer: Angus Lane has kindly offered to be our announcer for the Show and has also offered us the use of his roving PA system. Margaret to do announcement folder for Angus.
- Donna suggested we have no empty shelves in Pavilion this year. Can be filled with memorabilia or whatever can be found.
- Angus suggested that we promote the Rural Achievers award program.
Next Meeting: 7.30 PM at the Cultural Centre on Monday 1st March 2010.
Meeting Closed: 9 30 pm.