Needlework Section Hints
Exhibitors please note:
- An article is something not worn. A garment is something worn. An item can be either. An outfit is two or more garments to create a set
- Entries will be accepted by Chief Steward in the Pavilion between 9:00 am & 3:00 pm Thursday before Show day
- Exhibits must be in the Pavilion before 3.00 pm Thursday before Show day
- If, in the judges opinion, an entry is not worthy of a prize, it will not necessarily be given one
- For Children Under 12 if less than three classes entered, then no trophy will be awarded
- All cushion covers must be provided with inserts. All work must be fresh, clean & new.
- All work must be the bona fide work of the exhibitor, and must have been completed within the last two years, not to be soiled, laundered or worn, otherwise it will not be considered suitable for show purposes.
- Exhibits cannot be entered or compete in more than one class.
- All classes in wool are to be wool or substitute.
- Entries in this section will not be accepted from exhibitors outside a radius of 80km of Jandowae unless exhibits are nominated through a local resident.
- This must include receipt ticketing and return to exhibitor, and for the purpose of this rule, a local resident shall be deemed to be a resident within 50km of Jandowae.
- No responsibility, as regards to the above exhibits, in respect of their receipt, exhibition or subsequent dispatch, will be accepted by the Secretary or Section Steward.