Conditions Of Entry
- Entries close 10:00 am Friday before the Show. All exhibits to be in the pavilion by this time. Early nominations appreciated, with the section card attached, and where possible, the name or variety. Separate exhibits must be provided for each class entered.
- All grain to be in clean polythene, hessian or calico bag, plastic bucket or other suitable container, containing no less than 3 kg, unless otherwise stated. All hybrid grains should be named.
- Exhibitors are asked to carefully make sure their cards or tags match the schedule. If there is any discrepancy, return the tag at once to the Chief Steward, setting out clearly the class in which the exhibit should be entered and a new card will be issued.
- Exhibitors must not, under any circumstances, alter cards themselves. Study the schedule carefully, and make sure that the exhibits comply with all conditions set down. Failure to do so may mean the loss of an award.
- By a "collection of articles" it is meant the greatest number of varieties.
If the best half bushel or best half dozen are asked for, then quality, freedom from disease and general display are the principal considerations.
- A "sheaf or sheaves" must be cut off above the ground and tied. For all grain sheaves, all leaf matter should be stripped from each individual stem, placed neatly together, tied in three places and cut off at the bottom.
- Wheat sheaves to be at least 6cm in diameter at the base. Grain Sorghum to be at least 10cm in diameter at the base.
- Millet sheaves to be at least 5cm in diameter at the base.
- Green forage and grass sheaves are to be at least 7cm in diameter at the base with green succulent leaves to be left on.