All exhibitors will pay the gate entrance fee—No Entry Fee — No Prize Money (Also see Hints)
Chief Steward: Mrs. W. Skinner. Ph: 4668 5345 Stewards: Mrs. H Cronin; Mrs D. Polzin
Judging Time 9.00 AM
Points: 1st — 3; 2nd — 2; Entry — 1
Exhibitors please note:
1/ Entries will be accepted by Chief Steward in the Pavilion between 9:00am & 3:00pm Thursday 27th March 2008.
2/ Exhibits must be in the Pavilion before 3.00 pm Thursday 27th March 2008.
3/ If, in the judges opinion, an entry is not worthy of a prize, it will not necessarily be given one.
4/ If less than three classes entered, then no trophy will be awarded .
Trophies: Most Points classes 1-40 donated by MICHELLE SKINNER— classes 41-75 donated by J. MITTELSTADT
—classes 76-84 donated by MRS. M. ATKINSON— classes 85-94 donated by MRS. D. POLZIN — classes 95-100 donated by MRS. W. SKINNER
Champion Article classes 1-40 donated by MRS. M. GREENUP—classes 41-56 donated by J. RENNICK — classes 76-84 donated by MRS. M. POULSEN
— classes 85-94 donated by MR. & MRS. N. SCHUMANN to be known as The E. Schumann Memorial Trophy—classes 95-100 donated by MRS. T. NAUSCHUTZ
Champion Crochet Article Classes 57-75 donated by MRS. SHIRLEY WALPOLE.
1. Table centre - coloured embroidery - hand work only.
2. Duchess set - coloured embroidery - hand work only.
3. Any other hand embroidery.
4. Cross stitch article - not picture.
5. Silk Thread Embroidery.
6. Daintiest newborn baby frock.
7. Boys outfit - 1 or 2 piece - newborn to 2 years.
8. Boy’s shirt or Girls blouse
9. Girls frock - over 4 years.
10. Boy’s shorts or trousers.
11. Creative embroidery by machine - any article.
12. Appliqued article or garment – machine.
13. Verandah Cushion.
14. Purchased Towel - Home embroidered etc.
15. Most attractive cushion.
16. Toddler’s frock - size ½ - 1 year.
17. Most attractive child’s playsuit or sun frock.
18. Two distinct pot holders.
19. Any article in check material.
20. Afternoon tea throw over.
21. Blouse hanger - other than plastic.
22. Sewn novelty article or soft toy.
23. Article made from towelling - trim allowed.
24. Towelling article with trim—handtowel or bib etc.(small)
25. Child’s long overall or pinafore.
26 Article of heirloom sewing.
27. Lady’s street frock.
28. Lady’s blouse or Man’s shirt.
29. Lady’s skirt.
30. Teddy bear - fur fabric.
31. Something new from something old—completely remade
32. Any other article - sewn - not specified.
33. Tracksuit or leisure suit in stretch fabric - any size.
34. Garment in stretch fabric - to fit child up to 4 years.
35 Garment in stretch fabric - to fit child over 4 years.
36. Adult garment in stretch fabric.
37. Garment or set of sleep wear or underwear - any size.
38. Any article of needlework by person over. 60 years.
39. Any article of needlework by person over 80 years.
40. Non overlocked garment
All hand knitting unless otherwise specified.
41. Adults pullover/garment in thick wool.
42. Adults pullover/garment in fine ply (up to 5ply)
43. Child’s garment in fine ply (up to 5 ply)
44. Child’s garment in thick wool.
45. Infant’s three piece layette or pram set.
46. Infant’s shawl.
47. Infant’s matinee jacket.
48. Infant’s bonnet & booties set.
49. Tea cosy.
50. Any other knitted article not mentioned.
51. Knitted rug.
52. Knitted knee rug.
53. Bed doll - trim allowed.
54. Article knitted by a person over 60 yrs age.
55. Article knitted by a person over 80 yrs age
56. Knitted toy.
57. Infant’s three piece set - bonnet, booties & jacket.
58. Bonnet & booties set.
59. Tea cosy
60. Table centre - coarse work (30 cotton or under)
61. Table centre - fine work (40 cotton or over)
62. Duchess set
63. Three crochet doily’s - distinct and mounted. Under 30cm in diameter
64. Table/tea cloth - all crochet cotton
65. Handkerchief with a crochet edge.
66. Handkerchief with crochet corner & edge.
67. Table centre - linen centre - crochet edge.
68. Face washer - crochet edge.
69. Knee rug - crochet.
70. Article in tatting.
71. Any other article in crochet cotton, not mentioned.
72. Article in crochet cotton by person over 60 years of age.
73. Article in crochet cotton by person over 80 years of age
74. Article in wool crochet by person over 60 years of age.
75. Article in wool crochet by person over 80 years of age
TEENAGE 15 - 18 YEARS.
76. Any article featuring hand embroidery.
77. Any sewn article.
78. Article in knitting.
79. One cushion - any type - made up.
80. Sewn novelty article or soft toy.
81. Daintiest coat hanger.
82. Garment in stretch fabric.
83. Hand towel or face cloth - with trim.
84. Any other sewn article not specified.
JUVENILE 12 - 14 YEARS
85. Purchased T-shirt, decorated transfer may be used.
86. Article in crochet or knitting.
87. Any article featuring hand embroidery.
88. Machine sewn article.
89. Covered coat hanger.
90. Sewn novelty article or soft toy.
91. Best dressed doll - clothing homemade.
92. Garment in stretch material.
93. Hand towel or face cloth - with trim.
94. Any other article.
CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS.
95 New unwashed T-shirt, decorated transfer may be used.
96. Any article featuring hand embroidery.
97. Machine or hand sewn article.
98. Covered coat hanger.
99. Sewn novelty article or soft toy.
100. Hand towel or face cloth - with trim.