| Junior Rugby League Club (Jandowae) |
Code Of Conduct For Side-Line Parents
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Encourage children to achieve their goals and to have fun.
- Focus on the children's efforts and performances rather than winning.
- Show self-control and never ridicule or yell at children for making mistakes.
- Value the contribution that each child makes and allow them to participate equally.
- Encourage children to participate according to the rules and to respect the official's decision.
- Find out from your children how they would like you to act on the side-line.
- Cheer and call out encouragement but keep it positive. Be fair to all children and applaud good play by all teams. Children learn best by example
- Respect and appreciate coaches, managers, referees and officials as without them your children would not be participating.
- Sport is only a small par of one's life and children play it for their enjoyment, not yours.
Remember..a smile is worth a thousand words.