Minutes Of Meeting Held On 28/9/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Margaret Atkinson, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Jan Bickerton, Daryl Donald, Doreen Beard, Sally Maunder
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Heather moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Sally.
- Peter is to see Ross Gersekowski about fixing the leg on the long school desk. Ross is to make a stool for this desk.
- Peter will pick up the lights.
- The pressure pump is still not fixed.
- Peter purchased locks for the back store room.
- Graham Bickerton will make book shelves.
- Storage is to be utilized in the shearer's quarters.
- Arrangements are being made to shift the flagpole and fix the storm water drain.
- Signage has been installed at Marnhull and another is to be placed on land before the bridge.
- The magistrate's chair has been installed but the defendant's dock will not fit through the door.
- A slate board and inkwell have been purchased.
Correspondence: Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards endorsed. Seconded Beryl.
Inwards: — Western Downs Regional Council, Pictures of the old bakery.
Outwards — Acquittal Form for Gambling Fund, Office of Fair Trading, Western Downs Regional Council.
Treasurer's Report: Margaret presented her report.
Income — from donations $23.55.
Expenses — Frame and plant for Jan $132.50, 5 Star $44.15.
Fixed Deposit — $10163.39.
Margaret moved her report for adoption. Seconded Daryl
- Margaret offered to approach the Men's Shed in Dalby for them to make a display cabinet with a glass top. Peter will talk to them re. same.
- The Term Deposit is to be rolled over in October.
- The Gambling Fund grant for the ramp closes on the 29th November.
- Peter updated the meeting on the plans for Anzac Day next year. The author of the book the "Little Digger" has written another book about Soldier Settler blocks. He was the speech writer for Quentin Bryce. There will be a ceremony at Trumpeter's Corner and possibly a book signing at our precinct. Five books are to be donated to the local schools.
- Ian and Peter to attend to the storm water drain.
- Margaret suggested that Peter see Philip regarding the security cameras.
Next Meeting: The annual meeting will be held on Saturday 24th October at 9.30 at the precinct