Minutes Of Meeting Held On 23/1/2016
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Margaret Atkinson, Evelyn Nauschutz, Beryl McKenna, Doreen Beard
Apologies: Jan Bickerton, Ros Balston
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Doreen moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl K.
- Peter is endeavouring to find someone to assist Beryl K with the gardening. Max Moore may be available to help.
- Final arrangements were made to cater for the bbq breakfast.
Ros is organising the races for the children and will provide the lollies to be used as prizes.
Evelyn will supply coffee, syrup, knives and freezer bags for left over scones.
Beryl has 40 large plates, Beryl M has plastic containers for the bread.
Heather to ask Sally to make scones.
Tony, Ian and Ken will operate the barbeques.
- Ernie Wilson is attending the opening and he is giving the district Jim Baines' MBE for display.
Inwards: — WDRC (Public Liability reimbursement), Fiona WDRC (grants ), National Trust.
Outwards — Peter sent invitations to all those who have contributed to the completion of the school.
Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards be endorsed. Seconded Evelyn. A thank you note is to be sent to Graham Bickerton.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $4,221.77. Term Deposit $10,306.06. The following accounts were paid — Morrisseys $258.50, Satin Touch $226.22, Mitre 10 $162.65, Peter Ireland $80.78, Peter Ireland $263, Jandowae Hardware $23.75, Gutter Guard $567 Margaret moved the adoption of her report, Seconded Ian.
- Peter attended a teleconference with Rick and Lillian to prioritize the tourist grants for Jandowae — 1. Park 2. Gazebo at Show Grounds 3. Heritage for ramp & rocks 4. Timber town banners. Some suggestions were Free wifi, upgrade regional radio, ap for district = $600000
- If it is wet the function will take place at the Memorial Hall.
- Barbeques are to be cleaned.
- Peter acquired an old school press from the school.
- The official ceremony will take place on the school verandah and the musicians at the other end of the verandah.
- The microphone to be borrowed from the Cultural Centre . Ian to arrange for a stand and a lectern.
A working bee followed our meeting.
Next Meeting: will be held on Saturday 5th March at 8.30am.