Minutes Of Meeting Held On 21/11/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Jan Bickerton, Margaret Atkinson, Sally Maunder
Apologies: Beryl McKenna, Ros Balston, Doreen Beard
Peter welcome all present to the meeting.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Beryl moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Jan
- Peter has approached the Bradley family with regard to erecting the Athlone sign on their property.
- The sign at Marnhull cannot easily be seen so we will have to see what can be done about it.
- Peter will talk to Philip Atkinson re: security cameras.
- Graham Bickerton has completed and erected the bookcases in the second room and he has offered to make the display cabinets for the back wall in the main room. The book cases are to be stained.
- Peter picked up the blackboard from the Tennis Club.
- Peter has arranged for Rob Brazier to supply a blind to protect the Wambo map.
- Roy Campbell has stained the back veranda and the viewing platform.
- Nathan is to supply a quote to make the necessary painting repairs to the cottage and toilet.
Inwards: — Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation Dept. Of Justice and Attorney General, Tourism Office WDRC, Ann Leahy (grants),WDRC Environment Grant, Tourism Meeting WDRC, WDRC Awards.
Outwards — Gambling Community Benefit Fund Grant for ramp, WDRC refund for Public Liability.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $6,471.34 and the Term Deposit $10,306.06. Expenses — Peter $231.20, Insurance Advisernet $930, $49.95 Office of Fair Trading, Gutter Guard $243, Jandowae Hardware $146.55, Dalby Plumbing & Hardware $85.75. Total $1688.45. Margaret moved the adoption of her report and that the following account be passed for payment. Seconded Sally. Peter $200 (Bell $80, Globe $110, Pencil Case $10).
- It was decided not to accept the set of encyclopaedias for the school.
- The pump is fixed.
- Peter visited Ernie Wilson and invited him to attend the official opening.
- Peter is to approach the school to see if they have a small cupboard and an old map of Australia.
- Peter suggested that we need to have petty cash on hand for small items.
- The Working Bee is to be held on Thursday 26th at 8am. Peter has to putty the bookcases.
- Heather is to fill out the Tourism grant for the rocks on the northern creek bank.
- A storage shed is required for the mower, bbq etc.
- 2 lights are to put up in the school
- Articles for 'The Mill' are to be charged at $55 per quarter so will not be accepting this offer.
- The Australia Day Breakfast will begin at 7am and the Official Ceremony will take place at 8am. (Sally will look after the drinks)
Next Meeting: will be held on Saturday 19th December at 9am.