Minutes Of Meeting Held On 21/10/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Jan Bickerton, Doreen Beard, Betty Wassell
Apologies:Margaret Atkinson, Beryl McKenna, Evelyn Nauschutz, Sally Maunder, Ros Balston (Congratulations to you all on the birth of baby Zuni Dawn)
Peter welcome all present to the meeting .
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Jan moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl K.
- Peter has taken the long desk to Ross Gersekowski and picked up an old washing machine and gas lights.
- The storm water drain has been installed by Ian, Michael & Peter.
- Jan is to provide a flagpole that will be installed in front of the school.
- Rocks are to be placed along the northern creek bank if funding for same can be arranged.
- The sign on the northern end of town could be placed where Owen Johnson's sign used to be. Ian reported that the sign at Marnhull does not adequately advertise our heritage precinct. The sign is to be moved closer to the road and additional information is to be added. Bruce Thomas has offered to pay for same.
- Morrisseys may be able to make the frames for the signage.
- Heather is to begin the application to the Gambling Fund for the grant for the ramp.
- Cameras are still to be looked into.
Inwards: — Rick Hogarth re. Tourism Project grant money, Insurance Advisernet $932, Leaf Shield Quote for $810,Western Downs Council re. Official Australia Day Ceremony for Jandowae.
Outwards — Office of Fair Trading, Jandowae Business Group re. grant for rocks $5,500.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is approximately $6,907.44 and the Term Deposit $10,163.39.
Ian moved and Betty seconded that we accept the quote of $810 for the gutter guard. Doreen moved and Jan seconded that the following accounts be passed for payment — Peter $231.20 (Locksmith $85.20, Ink Well and Slate $86, Pump $110), Michael Wood $50 donation for use of the dingo digger, Advisernet Insurance $932 and Office of Fair Trading $49.95.
- Heather to contact Emily.Beutel @wdrc.qld.gov.au to get her to send the information regarding the Tourism grant directly to us so we know when the meeting is to be held.
- Carols By Candlelight may be held on the verandah of the school this year.
- Ground parrots are nesting in the school storeroom. Should be easily fixed.
- Members discussed the best ways to install the bookshelves and the display cases in the old school. 2 Flat cabinets are to be put on the back wall of the main school room and 2 bookcases (5 and 4 feet long and 10 inches wide) on the wall in the other room. Graham Bickerton to make the book cases and Peter is to ask Robbie Brazier or Graham Jorgensen to make the cabinets. The men's shed is another possibility.
- Betty has permission to donate the blackboard from the Tennis Club and she donated $200 from the Junior Rugby League.
- Rob Brazier is to be asked to supply a roller blind for the Wambo map to stop it fading.
- Roy Campbell to be approached to oil the floors where necessary
- Quote to be obtained from our painter to restore painting on Athlone where necessary. The viewing platform and the back veranda and the school veranda are in need of attention.
Next Meeting: will be held on Saturday 21st November at 9am.