Minutes Of Meeting Held On 19/4/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting thanked the members for their attendance.
Present: Peter Ireland, Heather Gall, Ian Gall, Jan Bickerton, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl King, Doreen Beard, Ros Balston, Sally Maunder.
Apologies: : Evelyn Nauschutz, Beryl McKenna
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Margaret moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl K.
- Peter is to see Tony Barlett about the desk under the building.
- The bubblers have been put in by the Council as part of the In King Assistance grant.
- Michael Wood is to connect power to the school.
- Jan is to purchase a native frangipanni or cape chestnut tree.
- A grant for below $5,000 will be applied for to pay for Ron Wood's work around the precinct.
- Wayne from the Luck Ford premises will move the dairy.
Correspondence: Heather moved that the inwards correspondence be received and the outwards endorsed. Seconded Sally.
Inwards — Western Downs Regional Council re. $330 for catering, Western Downs Flood Study Report, In Kind Assistance Grant less than $5,000, Jandowae Railway House (2), Ambulance Committee, Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
Outwards — Heather is to write to the CEO at the Council, Peter Hawton and the Railway stating that we are not interested in preserving the railway house.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $24,938.47
Income — Painting Grant $11,783, Council $330, Fixed Deposit $20,287.90.
Payments — Chesterfield $343.68, Lennie Veivers $10,000.
Term Deposit $10,085.06.
Margaret moved this report for adoption, seconded by Doreen.
- George Hoath has pruned the Canadian Ash tree and Jan will get some shade cloth to protect the bromeliads. Peter is to get Ian Usher to spread the dirt on the back fence and then spray it out in early summer and plant grass. The creamery can then be moved.
- Heather is to write to the CEO requesting that we host the Australia Day Breakfast in 2016 as we would like to have the official opening for the school on that day. Ross Gersekowski said hoop pine could be used to make desks and members are to try and locate any suitable desks. Margaret is to ask Donna Tanner.
- Members agreed that the building should be painted cream and the trim maroon with white batons. Windows to be white and the sills maroon. Inside — cream with white ceilings.
- Peter has purchased catches for the windows at a cost of $5.
- Heather is to check whether we can apply for another grant from the Gambling Community Fund before the painting project is completed.
- The feasibility of a toilet block was discussed. Disabled parking will have to be made at the end of the ramp. Lennie and Ron are to be asked to submit quotes for the ramp.
Next Meeting will be on a Monday June at 10.