Minutes Of Meeting Held On 16/7/2014
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed those present to the meeting. A working bee cleaning up the inside of the old school was held prior to our meeting.
Present: Peter Ireland, Heather Gall, Ian Gall, Jan Bickerton, Margaret Atkinson
Apologies: Beryl King, Doreen Beard, Sally Maunder, Betty Wassell, Ros Balston, Ruth Sargent
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read by Heather. Jan moved and Margaret seconded that the minutes be accepted as read.
- Margaret and Heather are to send the letter to the Council requesting that the speed limit through town be reduced to 40kph when the Super Dump comes into operation.
- All the outstanding money for the weddings has now been received.
- Burra Burri school visitors donated $9 and $30 has been received for CD's.
- Peter fixed the front door.
- Timber Town weekend went well and we had a great many visitors to our precinct.
Correspondence : Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards endorsed. Seconded Jan.
Inwards — Matthew Henning $50, QGC Booklet, Western Downs Council re. in kind assistance.
Outwards — Bruce Thomas Thank you for donation, Western Downs Council (in kind assistance).
Treasure's Report: The Cr. Balance is $28,161. $15,906 is in the Fixed Deposit. A further amount is to be invested so that approximately $9,000 will be left in the working account.
- We need to apply to the Gambling Community Fund for assistance in building the ramp on the school.
- Peter Hawton may need a letter of support to preserve the historic cottage on the railway land by moving it to another location.
- A front end loader may be used to realign the creamery with the school and the quarters. Peter will attend to this matter.
- Allison Banks from Parks and Gardens at the Council has looked at our In Kind Assistance submission to build a drain to the creek. Allison will obtain special lilies to be planted in the creek garden.
- Ian moved that Peter approach Lennie Veivers to be the preferred builder for the work to be done on the old school. Seconded Jan.
- The annual meeting will be held in September. A Caravan Club is coming to the Showgrounds in October and they would like us to host a Morning Tea on our grounds.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 11th August. Time and venue to be advised.