Minutes Of Meeting Held On 16/3/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting thanked the members for their attendance.
Present: Peter Ireland, Heather Gall, Ian Gall, Jan Bickerton, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl King, Beryl McKenna
Apologies: Doreen Beard, Ros Balston, Evelyn Nauschutz
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Jan moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl K.
- Peter is to contact Lyn Taylor re. the desk and he will see Tony Bartlett re: the desk at the school.
- The mower was fixed at a cost of $343.68.
- Peter is expecting Len Veivers account to be about $16,000. Ian moved and Beryl McKenna seconded that the amount of $20,298.53 be withdrawn from the Term Deposit so that we can pay this account.
- Peter has seen Ron Woods about the maintenance at the Cottage.
- Peter suggested that we have the official opening of the school at our Australia Day celebration next year.
Correspondence: Heather moved that the inwards correspondence be received and the outwards endorsed. Seconded Margaret.
Inwards — Western Downs Regional Council re. Opera at Jimbour, Sue Schrag, Cultural Heritage Network Toowoomba.
Outwards — Thank you notes were sent to Robbie Brazier and John Bowman.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $2806.25
Income — Sue & John Schrag $90.
Payments — Nelson's Butchery $149.04, 5 Star Grocery $171.60. $20,298.53 Term Deposit is to be transferred to the working account and that will then leave a Term Deposit of $10,085.06. The Chesterfield account is to be paid. Margaret moved this report for adoption and seconded by Beryl K.
- Jan and Beryl have been very busy in the garden. Hay is needed and it is to be purchased when a supply can be obtained. The tree on the path needs lopping. Jan put in extra drippers around the tree. Jan & Beryl will ask George to lop the tree and they will ask him what we owe him for the weed eating. Dynamic lifter is also required for the garden.
- A lady from Taroom is donating doilies which her mother made. Her mother was a Winfield.
- The barbeque and music day to be sponsored by the Business Group at the cottage will most likely not take place as the venue is unsuitable for music.
- Allison Banks is attending to our In Kind Drainage Grant.
- The water from the school will be used to water the lawn via bubblers. We will need to top dress around the school and plant grass.
- Michael Wood is to hook up the power permanently. The security lights have been on in the daytime and there are no inside lights in the cottage.
- Jan is to purchase a native frangipani or Cape Chestnut to replace the tree that was removed. The bottom branches need pruning on the Bunya trees.
- The table on the verandah needs decking oil.
- The executive is to apply for a Minor Grant to obtain rocks for the southern creek bank.
- Desks may be available from the old Boondooma School and from the Dalby museum.
- A forklift could be used to shift the creamery.
Meeting Closed at 8pm.