Minutes Of Meeting Held On 14/10/2013
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Jan Bickerton, Ian and Heather Gall, Beryl King, Ros Balston, Margaret Atkinson, Sally Maunder, Daryl Donald
Apologies: Betty Wassell, Doreen Beard, Ruth Sargent
Minutes: The minutes of the September were read by Heather. Sally moved and Margaret seconded that the minutes be accepted as read.
Business arising: Peter intends to put up a sign advertising the heritage precinct at the Show Grounds and at the Library.
- The Council intends to drop the water level in the creek. Scott Roser said that it would only be by about 3 or 4 inches. Storm-water is building up in the pipe at the end of Hickey Street. The Council needs to notify our association of any plans they have for the area around the creek.
- Jan spoke to the local lads who were fishing and she requested that they make sure that they remove their rubbish when they are finished.
- Peter reported that the automatic lights are not coming on.
- Sally will pass on the DVD of Vince Scouller's photos to Ros.
- The mower is using oil badly and Peter is to make enquiries about obtaining a new motor.
- The pressure unit to water the lawn is playing up and needs attention.
- One window in the old school appears to be in good order and the plan is to have 8 identical windows made. The back door will have to be boarded up.
- Lyn Taylor suggested that we should interview Mavis Hoskin about her early memories of Jandowae. Mrs Morrissey who lives in Toowoomba was a former resident of the old school and she may be able to provide us with information.
- We propose to set up a display in the old school room with desks etc. and we hope to find a place for the magistrate's chair and the dock from the old court house.
- A Community Information Session is to be run by the Council on the 30th October.
- The viewing platform needs painting.
- Signs will be made for the school, the cottage, the shearer's quarters, the creamery and the viewing platform. A plaque is to be put on the oven door. The meeting closed at 9.05 and the next meeting will be held on the third Monday in November which will be November 18th.