Minutes Of Meeting Held On 13/10/2014
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed those present to the meeting and a special welcome was extended to Bruce Thomas.
Present: Peter Ireland, Heather Gall, Ian Gall, Jan Bickerton, Doreen Beard, Bruce Thomas
Apologies: Ros Balston, Beryl McKenna, Margaret Atkinson
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Jan moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Doreen.
Correspondence: Heather moved that the inwards correspondence be received and the outwards endorsed.
Inwards — Insurance Advisernet, JJ Richards Enviro Grants, Western Downs Regional Council re. grants and Australia Day Awards, Carollee Murphy re. Australia Day Breakfast, Office of Fair Trading.
Outwards —Western Downs Council re. Australia Day Breakfast, Insurance Advisernet, Office of Fair Trading.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is similar to last month $7731. Coffee has been paid for. $20,000 is to be reinvested from the second investment and $10,000 is to be reinvested from the first one. $5,906 is to be transferred to the Cheque Account. They are to be reinvested for 3 months. Jan moved and Doreen seconded that these investments be made.
- The Incorporation Return was not passed because our auditor Peter Wilson is not a fully qualified accountant. Peter rang the Office of Fair Trading and we have a Form to be filled in by Peter Wilson which should be acceptable to the department. Heather will attend to this matter.
- Peter will be away for 2 months and our next meeting in November will be on a date to be advised.
- Creative Timbers in Toowoomba are to supply the required boards to finish off the inside of the school. $5.39 a linear metre and a total cost of about $10 a metre which should come back to about $700. The edging around the windows is to be as it was originally.
- An account for $90 is to be sent to the Schrag family for their recent wedding. $50 site fee and $40 for the hire of chairs.
- Ian is to keep an eye on the mowing while Peter is away.
- Peter has an article from the Dalby Herald about the old school and as it is fairly dilapidated we are to see if we can obtain another copy from their records.
- The engineer from the Council could not see a problem in attaching the disabled ramp to the back of the school so it would not interfere with the heritage look from the front
- The Council insures our buildings and we are to check what happens if they are destroyed. Do we receive payment from the Council?
- The Gambling Benefits Fund closes at the end of November and we are to apply for a grant to paint the school (roof, outside, inside, railings, store room). Grants to be obtained from Rod Dolly and Lennie Veiver's painter. Letters of support to be obtained from Phil Berting, Ray Brown, School, Rick Hogarth, Tony Brame.
- Heather is to check with Allison Banks on the progress of our In Kind Assistance Application.
- Bruce suggested that we need a sign at the precinct to say that we are Open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10 to 12. There is a sign at the Information Office.
Next Meeting 8/11/2014
The meeting closed at 8.20pm.