Minutes Of Meeting Held On 13/5/2017
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting and thanked them for their attendance
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl McK, Betty, Jan
Apologies:: Ros, Sally, Beryl K, Doreen, Evelyn
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read by Heather. Jan moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Ian Gall.
- The shed needs to be completed by the end of July for acquittal. Ian is to source the iron. Members to support Ron in building the shed.
- A mannequin is to be purchased for the school. Peter will try to source a suitable mannequin.
- Peter contacted James O'Connor at the Council re. new pamphlets but he has not heard back.
- Mary Hamilton is to be interviewed.
- Peter arranged for a quote from RJT's Painting Service for $4,500 to paint Athlone cottage and a minor grant for painting has been submitted to WRDC.
Correspondence: Inwards: Timbertown — Sheree Wright, Carolyn Fisher WDRC.
Outwards — Minor Grant application for Painting the cottage. A letter of support to be sent to the Timbertown Committee.
Treasurer's Report: Margaret presented the financial report which was the same as last month. Credit balance of $3009.77. Fixed Deposit $10,647.63 has been rolled over. Margaret moved her report for adoption. Seconded Beryl McK.
- The shed needs to be erected so the next grant can be obtained for the painting.
- The grass around the waterhole needs spraying with round up.
- The Garden Club is to meet in the garden on the 30th May at 11am.
- The Men's Shed group from Kingaroy will visit on the 26th May. Jan will be away.
- The ribbon from the opening of the railway is now in the display cabinet.
- Jan presented a 60th Wedding Anniversary card to Neville and Faith Schumann.
- Barbara Rathmell approached Peter about finding a home for the history of the Jandowae Light Horse. Our grounds are full and the only place we could offer would be the store room in the Shearer's Quarters.
- Betty would like the old dray to be relocated from Apex Park to our precinct.