Minutes Of Meeting Held On 12/3/2016
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Margaret Atkinson, Evelyn Nauschutz, Beryl McKenna, Doreen Beard
Apologies: Jan Bickerton, Ros Balston, Sally Maunder
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Doreen moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl McKenna.
- Peter is organising a worthy display for Jim Baines' MBE. Peter is hoping to obtain a suitable photo to use.
- The application to put rocks on the northern creek bank was successful.
- The power pole in front of the cottage has been painted. This is to be a special feature for our town.
Inwards: WDRC (thank you for Australia Day),Timbertown (float and decorated tree), Lesley Gooderham ($75 banked in the wrong account), Warra Progress & Heritage (Lyn Taylor — Trumpeter' s Corner activities on 24th April, Cobb & Co Museum).
Outwards — Nil
Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards be endorsed. Seconded Seconded Beryl K. A thank you note is to be sent to the Jandowae Musical Group (Rob Brazier).
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $4,892.89. Term Deposit $10,306.06. The following accounts were paid — Jandowae butcher $174.34, Hardware $37.75, Peter Ireland $80.78, Michael Wood $50, Plaque for school $215.33, Morrisseys $258.50, Satin Touch $226.11. Income — Membership $5, Ozday Drinks $78.10, Breakfast $494.10, WDRC Public Liability $571.34
Margaret moved the adoption of her report, Seconded Ian.
- Ian Usher is to be asked to dig the holes for the new sign. Ian and Peter to erect the sign. Peter is to see if he can put the sprinklers on automatic. They will still be able to be turned on manually.
- It was suggested that we put the barbeques at the other end of the food tables next year. We will only supply scones when it is not an official WDRC function as they supply a cake.
- Peter is to buy 2 big tables so we don' t need to borrow in future.
- We are not subscribing to the W. Downs magazine at a cost of $55 a quarter.
- Susie is to ask Fiona for some official photos from the Australia Day Breakfast & Opening.
- Tony has another bunya tree for the cottage grounds.
- The Show Society would like to use Vince' s DVD at the Jandowae Show as there is an historical theme.
- Peter, Jan and Beryl are to come up with a plan to simplify the gardening that needs to be attended to on a regular basis.
- A wedding has been tentatively booked for 24th April by Alma Perkings.. The charge is $100 plus $1 per chair.
- The grant application for rocks on the northern side of the creek has been approved.
- The ribbon from the opening of the railway station is to be donated.
- Ian is to obtain Celie' s book on the early days.
- Peter is to look into purchasing a Titan storage shed and Ian Wassell will shift the dairy.
Next Meeting: will be held on Monday 11th April at 7pm.