Minutes Of Meeting Held On 10/12/2016
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting and thanked them for their attendance
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl King, Beryl McK, Sally, Jan Bickerton
Apologies:: Evelyn, Doreen, Ros
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read by Heather. Beryl King moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Ian Gall.
- The Titan shed will be available next Tuesday.
- The ramp has been started.
- Peter donated the Barber frames to Jean Town in Dalby.
- Ron has repaired the roof, board and window.
- The base of the tank beside the quarters need levelling.
- Book from Graham.
Inwards: Western Downs Regional Council (award nominations), Titan Shed contract
Outwards — Thank you to Rebecca for allowing us to put the sign on her land
Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards be endorsed. Seconded Beryl King.
Treasurer's Report: Income: — $5,000 grant for shed, Videos $50, Subscriptions $22.Expenditure — Titan Shed $2,566, Office Fair Trading $51.70.
Cr. Balance of $25,104.88. Fixed Deposit $10,539.90.
Margaret moved the adoption of her report, Seconded Jan Bickerton
- The vents in the school need to be made bird proof. Gas lights to be hung from the rafters in the school. Len will attend to the window that won't open.
- A painter named Mick would paint the cottage for $200 a day.
- Jan will plant the tree after Australia Day.
- Peter will see Spar about opening an account.
- Australia Day Breakfast — 10kgs sausages, 10 dozen eggs, 8 loaves of bread, butter, 6 litres milk to be ordered. Beryl will donate the sauce. Mugs to be purchased. Jan will check plates, coffee, cutlery etc.
- Music — Robbie's band.
- Scones to be made by Heather, Sally, Jan, Beryl McK, Doreen. Jan to provide the lollies. The scones are to be put out early. Syrup? Cutlery, plates and serviettes to be purchased from catering supplies.
- Activities for children — fishing, races.
- The sign at the cottage to be put up and notices around town and through the school. Flag raising ceremony and the children will be asked to perform the Jandowae song .
- Michael Wood to be approached to install new power points on the school.
Next Meeting: will be held on 11th February at 9.30am