Minutes Of Meeting Held On 9/5/2016
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Present: Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Beryl King, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl McKenna, Doreen Beard, Sally Maunder
Apologies: Ros Balston, Betty Wassell, Evelyn Nauschutz
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Ian moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl King.
- Peter is working on the display for Jim Baines' MBE.
- Members are asked to think about how we could decorate the tree on the theme "Celebrating Queensland" for the Timbertown weekend.
- Peter suggested that we solve our gardening problem by having our meetings on a Saturday morning in future and members to garden afterwards when necessary.
- We received $130 for the Turner wedding. Another booking has been made by Chris Thompson for the 28th May.
- Ian is to collect the book from Graham Jensen.
- Brett Zeller is to move the flag pole prior to Timber Town.
- Heather is to ask Fiona for some photos from Australia Day.
Inwards: Jandowae Business Group (Josh Arnold Workshop), Warra Progress & Heritage Society and Friends of Trumpeters Corner.
Outwards — Letter of support to Business Group re. Josh Arnold Workshop, Craig Tunley WDRC re. positioning of the signs for the heritage precinct.
Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards be endorsed. Seconded Seconded Sally.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $5172.02. is $10,422.32 (Interest $116.26) The following accounts were paid — Australia Day costs $186.95.Income — Australia Day $50, Interest 23 cents, Drinks from Australia Day $35.35, Craft Club $86, Wedding, video & donation $155, Cottage donation $9.60, Turner Wedding $130.
Margaret moved the adoption of her report, Beryl McKenna. The Account with $75 has now been closed thanks to Lesley Gooderham. Heather is to see why we have not been paid by the Council for hosting the Australia Day Breakfast.
- Daryl was interviewed by a lady (possibly from WDRC) at the Cottage. The lady took photos and Jan was in attendance.
- A thank you note is to be sent to the Craft Club c/- PO Box 35
- Peter has the photo albums at the moment
- The Alphabet chart for the school is under construction in Toowoomba thanks to Peter
- Peter reported on the frame for the Titan Shed. The proper shed would be $3035 and the tool shed $2400. We are to enquire about a small grant from the Council. The tool shed size would possibly suffice as we are going to clad the shed in old iron. Concrete would have to be poured.
- We will open for 2 days during Timber Town. Ian & Heather will be there at 9am.on the Saturday. Combined Church Service at 8am Sunday and the Association to provide Morning Tea.
- The bin near the wedding platform is to be removed. The platform needs a scrub prior to each wedding.
- Craig Tunley will inform us who to contact regarding the rocks on the north bank. JJ Richards should have an old copy of our previous environmental application.
- Rosie Heintze kindly donated another native frangipani and Jan will plant the tree. Thank you note to be sent to Rose.
Next Meeting: will be held on Thursday 2nd June at 9.30am