Minutes Of Meeting Held On 9/02/2015
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed all present to the meeting and a special welcome back to Ros.
Present: : Peter Ireland, Ian & Heather Gall, Jan Bickerton, Margaret Atkinson, Beryl King, Doreen Beard, Ros Balston
Apologies: Beryl McKenna, Evelyn Nauschutz
Minutes: The minutes of the previous general meeting were read by Heather. Doreen moved that the minutes be accepted as read. Seconded Beryl K.
Business Arising:Peter talked to Graham Cook to let him know that we are happy with the ramp plans. George Hoath has cut the grass on the creek bank. Australia Day went well. Special thanks were extended to Jan.
Outwards — Thank you letter to be sent to the musicians.
Treasurer's Report: The Cr. Balance is $3046.19 as per the Bank Statement. Income — $50 sausages, $20 DVD's, Australia Day Breakfast $379.30, Drinks $146.75. Payments—$62.94 Peter. Outstanding Cheque for $9.50 has been paid to the Jandowae Hardware. Margaret will sort out the Maverick Account which has a credit from Michael Wood. Term Deposits — $20,298 matures on 22nd April at 2.8% Interest and $10,085 is invested at 3.15% and matures on 12th April. Margaret moved her report for adoption. Seconded Ian.
- Lyn Taylor has a desk that was the original school office desk and will sell it for $500. It is owned by her son Leigh. The committee declined the offer to buy the desk.
- The mower is being repaired at Chesterfield.
- Lennie Veivers hasn't given Peter the quote for the verandah and railings. It would have to be completed by the beginning of May. A thank you letter is to be sent to John Bowman for delivering the timber from Toowoomba.
- Maintenance on the Cottage is needed. Paint, linseed and turps are needed to be applied to the viewing platform and the verandah (including the railings and table). The window on the back of the cottage needs repairing. The roof needs screws. The bumps under the doors in the Shearer's Quarters need to be taken out. Ronnie Woods is to be approached to attend to these jobs.
- Australia Day — Council wants to promote the 150th year Anniversary of the town. Council to be approached to secure the district celebration for Jandowae. Peter will speak to Fiona and Jan would like to get the school children involved earlier. Heather is to write to the speaker , (Marayke Jonkers) thanking her for coming and if she would like to come back we would show her the cottage. Ros will speak to Nicky about a suitable time for the Mercantile relay. Margaret will send a Tax Invoice to the Council for $300.
- The desk is to be collected from the school.
Next Meeting 9/3/2015 at 7pm.