Minutes Of Meeting Held On 8/9/2014
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Inwards — Western Downs Community Grants, Western Downs Works Area Manager re. 40kph through town. Heather moved that the inwards be received. Seconded Beryl.
Outwards — Nil.
- Peter asked Tony if he could make enquiries on our behalf to the Council to see if we could put the ramp on the side of the school as putting it on the front would detract from the look of the school. Allison Banks is in charge of our In kind Assistance grant for drainage from the back of the school to the creek. Heather is to check on the progress of this grant. Tony will be happy to give us a letter of support from the Council when we apply for grants from the gaming fund. Letters could also be obtained from our members of parliament.
- Australia Day Award Breakfast: The Council will only refund the expenses for the official Australia Day celebration in the Jandowae District, which includes Bell,Warra and Kaimkillenbun. Heather is to check with Warra to see if they are interested in hosting the official event as Bell hosted last year and we hosted 2 years ago. Applications to be in by the 26th September.
- Tony reported on the Super Dump which should be completed by December 2015. The dump will employ 10 people. Jandowae will have its own tip with big bins. Rubbish from Dalby, Chinchilla and Tara will all end up in the Jandowae Super Dump. There will be a need to have the local roads upgraded to take the extra traffic. Tony did not think the Main Roads would reduce the speed limit through town.
- Len Veivers estimate for the work on the school is between $6,000 and $7,000 and work is to begin this week. Quotes for Rod Dolly for painting are in hand — Roof $4,642 and exterior $7,502.
- The creamery has still to be moved.
The meeting closed at 8.15pm. The next meeting will be held on the 13th October.
Supper was served for those present.