Minutes Of Meeting Held On 5/5/2014
And District Progress & Heritage Association Inc.
Peter welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Present: Peter Ireland, Heather Gall, Jan Bickerton, Beryl King, Doreen Beard, Sally Maunder, Betty Wassell, Ruth Sargent, Ros Balston
Apologies: Ian Gall, Margaret Atkinson
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read by Heather. Sally moved and Jan seconded that the minutes be accepted as read.
- The $600 refund from the Council for cleaning up the site has not yet been received.
- The Wondai visitors enjoyed their outing to the precinct.
- The meeting decided that $50 be charged for weddings that are held at the Association's venue. There will be an additional charge of $1 a chair if chairs are required. In future the charge will be a booking fee of $50 as a considerable amount of work has to be put in to prepare the grounds.
- Heather to check where the Wambo map is now located.
- Peter will see Brett Zeller re. the path.
- Wayne Giles has sprayed the weeds in the creek.
Correspondence : Heather moved that the inwards be received and the outwards endorsed. Seconded Ros.
Inwards — Jandowae Quiz Night, JJ. Richards.
Outwards — None
Treasure's Report: Ruth presented her report. Income — $200 Western Downs (Australia Day Breakfast). Ros moved that Peter be reimbursed for $1760 for recycled timber. This will leave us with a Cr. Balance of $5,103.06 and $15,906 in the Fixed Deposit.
- The hardwood boards for the front verandah and the back verandah need sanding. John Bowman will deliver the timber. The windows will cost approximately $5000. We need a gutter on the back of the old school.
- We need to spend some money in order to fix up the roots from the tree that are causing the front path to lift.
- Peter Butterfield is keen to paint signs. Peter has turned off the lights at the cottage and it is hoped that this will fix the problem.
- Max Rennick has a Jandowae cordial bottle and a Rissman bottle for our collection.
- A super dump is to be built at Jandowae and members would like to see the speed limit through town reduced to 40mph.
- The front door of the cottage is hard to open and screws are needed in the roof of the cottage.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 2nd June at 10.30am at the Cottage.