Dalby Bridge Club Minutes AGM 2016
Meeting held in the Dalby Bridge Club Rooms on 27/9/2016 at 6:25pm
Present: D. Wenham, Margaret Keating, York. Atkinson, Mangold, B. Woollett, P. Trenerry,
J. Clark, V. Black, E. Mahoney, J. Speziali, J. McAins (visitor), R. Knight, R. Groom, A. Griffiths,
D. Stack, P. Atkinson, J. Gill, H. Bradley, P. Trenerry, D. Smith, R. Routley, L. Seng, B. Wirth,
Apologies: C. Hartmann, A. Taylor, E. Allen, E. Edgar, H. Gall, C. Callow, J. Tresillian,
R. Sargent, G. Ireland, B. Hamilton
Previous Minutes: were read. Confirmed by H. Bradley. Seconded by R. Knight Carried
Business Arising: Nil
Treasurer's Report — Copies of the Financial Report for the year ended 30 June, 2016 were handed out at the meeting and the Treasurer, A. Griffiths asked for questions.
Margaret Atkinson enquired about GST. She thought we should be eligible for it. She offered to look into the matter. Her offer was accepted.
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths, moved her audited financial report be adopted. Seconded J. Carried
Auditor: A. Griffiths moved that if an Auditor is required next year that we obtain the services of Carrick Aland Pty. Ltd. again. Seconded M. Atkinson. Carried
Election Of Office Bearers: — The President then declared all positions vacant and asked R. Groom to take the Chair. The following people were elected to the Management Committee.
- PRESIDENT — Diane Wenham nominated by Rita Groom seconded Heather Bradley
- VICE-PRESIDENT — Annette Taylor nominated by Ruth Routley seconded Annette Griffiths (
- SECRETARY — Beryl McKay nominated by Rita Groom seconded Janice Clark
- TREASURER — Annette Griffiths nominated by Janice Clark seconded seconded Beryl McKay
The following people were elected to the Committee.
- Philip Atkinson — nominated by Margaret Atkinson seconded Beryl McKay
- Margaret Atkinson — nominated by Philip Atkinson seconded Beryl McKay
- Ruth Routley — nominated by Margaret Keating seconded Margaret York
- Rebecca Knight — nominated by Margaret Atkinson seconded Jenny Speziali
- Elisabeth Mahoney — nominated by Diane Wenham seconded Rebecca Knight
- Margaret Mangold — nominated by Daphne Stack seconded Beryl McKay
- Congress Secretary Margaret Keating nominated by Diane Wenham seconded Heather Bradley
- Master Points Secretary — Diane Wenham nominated by Beryl McKay seconded Annette Griffiths
- Providore Margaret Keating — nominated by Diane Wenham seconded Beryl McKay
- Assistant Providore Janice Clark — nominated by Penny Trenerry seconded Rita Groom
- Publicity Officer — Del Smith nominated by Diane Wenham seconded Rita Groom
- Partnership Arranger — Ruth Routley nominated by Bunty Woollett seconded Margaret Mangold
- Welfare Officer — Margaret York nominated by Rita Groom seconded Del Smith
- Tuesday Night — Diane Wenham or Rebecca Knight
- Friday Morning — Margaret Keating or Del Smith
- Relief — Jenny Speziali
- MEMBERSHIP FEES — Owing to rising costs, extra funds needed to be sourced. Some ways could be Membership fees needed to go up, raise the table fees or conduct a small raffle, members to take turns bringing a prize, on a Friday as well. After much discussion, it was decided by a show of hands, to raise the Membership Fees to $70.00 per year.
- CONGRESSES — Alan Gibson had at our September Congress suggested that instead of having our two day Congress in September we may be better to hold our two day Congress in March and have our one day one in September instead. He thought that September was a very busy month and March didn't seem to be as busy. The President to contact the Manager of the Queensland Bridge Association Incorporated, to get her views.
- BRIDGE FOR BRAINS, AUSTRALIA WIDE PAIRS AND QUEENSLAND WIDE PAIRS — It was suggested that some members of the Club were not interested in these competitions. A show of hands was taken and the majority of the members were still interested. The competitions will still continue.
- NEW PLAYING CARDS FOR THE CONGRESS — Val Black suggested that perhaps Alan Gibson, our Director for our Congresses could provide some new playing cards.
- Margaret Mangold can do the cards on the Dealing Machine.
- Bunty Woollett enquired about the state of the ramp.
- Margaret Atkinson thanked all the members for their help.
- Del Smith asked about Bridge classes. Margaret Keating offered to teach two people at a time, who would play together, at her home and with the help of another person.