Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 29/7/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
M. Atkinson presided as the President, D. Wenham, and Vice President, A. Taylor, were absent.
Present: A. Griffiths, E. Mahoney, P. & M. Atkinson, D. Smith, H. Bradley, R. Routley, R. Knight, J. Clark, B. McKay
Apologies: A. Taylor, M. Keating, D. Wenham
Previous Minutes were read by B. Mckay. Confirmed by P Atkinson Seconded J. Clark.Carried
- GRANT — D. Smith has placed an article in paper about receiving the grant for the Dealing Machine, Blinds and Cards.
INWARDS — Congresses,
OUTWARDS — Shane Mead, Carvosso & Winship, thanking him for doing the lease with W.D.R.C. as honorary
J. Clark Moved the Inwards Correspondence be received and the Outward Correspondence be endorsed. Seconded M. Atkinson Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees — Day $510, Night $360, 1 Sub (M. Mango for $50 less $30 Affiliation Fees paid Gympie) $20.00 , 1 Programme $2.00, Bank Interest $0.15 Total $892.15
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: Goldings Air Conditioning Service $126.50, WDRC (Water) $141.64, Ergon Energy $254.30, Telstra $83.20, Mark Kelly (non-slip tape for steps) $130.00, Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading $51.70
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths, moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $8080.45, as PER Financial Statement June 2016, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment. Seconded E. Mahoney Carried
- When we had our March One Day Congress this year, the President, Diane Wenham, asked Annette Griffiths to let Molly Smith know that as it was a one-day congress, the club would be doing the catering ourselves. Our two-day congress would be held on 10 and 11 September, and we would need her to help with the catering — to confirm
- LUNCHEON to be Sandwiches as March Congress.
- Diane to do just e-mail flyers for the nominations to the nearby and usual clubs as the postage is expensive.
- CLOCK TIMING FOR PLAY — R Knight advised that the use of the clock was working well but when the 3 minute warning sounded play should only continue if the current contract was established, that is, if the dummy was already on the table. One minute extra today.
- P ATKINSON enquired if Heather Bradley's presence meant she was on the committee? Beryl McKay advised that she had told Heather that she thought she could come to the meeting.
- M ATKINSON thanked the committee for the Non-Slip strip that has been put on the front steps.
- Purchase of another bookcase will be discussed next meeting
- P Atkinson to reset the automatic irrigation timer back to 15 minutes following an increase in the water bill
- AUDIT: as the Club has had over $20,0000 income for this Financial year, the Bridge Club books will have to be audited
Next Meeting: Friday 19th August 2016 at 8.45 am
Meeting Closed : 9.15 am