Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 29/1/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, A. Griffiths, A. Taylor, M. Keating, P. & M. Atkinson, R. Knight, D. Smith, J. Speziali, J. Clark, E. Mahoney, R. Routley, B. McKay
Previous Minutes: were read by the secretary. Moved as accepted by A Taylor Seconded J. Clark Carried
- CHRISTMAS PARTY — COMMENTS: Very Good, Unhappy with food.
- FRONT STEP — M. Keating gave a report. Chris from C.M —S.R. Contractors got back to her and
Margaret discussed his reply with the Executive Committee and they decided to leave the steps as is at the present time. The problem Chris said was caused by the weather when the droplets of water just dripped onto the step as the step was exposed to the weather and caused the paint on the step to bubble. Chris said that he could give us a quote to repair. The rails seem slightly loose and Margaret's husband, Noel, would look at them for us. The meeting decided we may be able to get a handyman to fix the problem.
- DETAILED BRIDGE HANDS (The Cards) — They were showing and now the problem of them not showing is being looked into.
- BRIDGEMATES DETAILS To be displayed — Information on Bridgemates will be now what the other tables have played in — percentages to be deleted. Trial for one month. West is only to confirm the score and not to check what has been played before and North is to quietly tell the other players this information and no further discussion is to take place.
- COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES — available at bridge.jandowae.com
- AIR CONDITIONER — Fine now.
- ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR — Working a bit.
INWARDS — Dalby Crisis Support Asscn Inc — Thank you notice,laminated; Congresses; Central Pest Control — Best Wishes —Scratchie; Lorna Smith; Lil Shipley; Herb & Verna Kessler thanks re Life Membership; Beryl McKay —Thank you for Sympathy Card
OUTWARDS — Therese Flegler apology re Christmas quote for our Christmas Dinner
E. Mahoney moved the Inwards Correspondence and the Outwards be adopted Seconded M. Atkinson. Carried
— INCOME: November Table Fees — Day $470, Night $380, Total ; December Table Fees — Day $400, Night $230, Refund QBA—Qld Wide Pair $110, Bank Interest 2cents Total $740.02
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: WDRC (Water)$112, Telstra $80.55 (December), Telstra $80.77, Ergon Energy $272.60, Hedges Trophy Engraving $70
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $550.17, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment, AS PER Financial Statement November & December 2015 and accounts moved for payment be passed for payment. Seconded R. Routley. Carried
- MARCH CONGRESS — Dalby Swiss Pairs Sunday 13 March 2016. D. Wenham has nominations in hand.
LUNCH will be sandwiches etc as per our last congresses in September. The sandwiches will be made at the Bridge Club. Members to bring the fillings.
RAFFLE — as per usual format — groups of 4 to make up a raffle. Tickets $2 each or 3 for $5.
MORNING —AFTERNOON TEAS — M. Keating to do up a list. Special (Crackers and Cheese— Margaret Atkinson).
- DEALING MACHINE WORKSHOP — P. Akinson enquired about a workshop. D. Wenham, President, answered that only 4 or 5 people would be using the Dealing Machine and that she was teaching one person at a time.
- BREAK OVER CHRISTMAS — R. Knight asked could we have a shorter break in future. The President advised that if members would like to get other members to play, they would be welcome to do so in the club room, just let one of the Senior Committee know. The return date for 2017 would be discussed towards the end of the year.
Next Meeting: An Executive Committee Meeting Tuesday 16 February 2016 at 7.15 pm
Meeting Closed : 9:30am