Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 27/11/2015
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, M. Keating, A. Griffiths, A. Taylor, J. Clark, E. Mahoney, D. Smith, P. & M. Atkinson, B. McKay
Apologies: R. Routley, R. Knight
Previous Minutes : were read by the secretary. Moved as accepted by M. Keating Seconded P. Atkinson. Carried
- CHRISTMAS PARTY — Molly Smith is doing the catering. Cost to be informed. Put names on board of those members going.
- EXCHANGE OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS (SANTA) — $10.00
- CHRISTMAS CHARITY HAMPER — Items are to be in by Friday 4 December. It was decided to give the goods to Oz Care — Women's Crisis.
- DEALING MACHINE GRANT — M. Atkinson advised that her application for the grant has been uploaded but a decision will not be known until April next year. Thanks Margaret.
- FRONT STEP — M. Keating advised that she had been in touch with C.M. & S.R. Contractors and that Chris will be away, on work, until this Saturday and that he would get back to her.
- DETAILED BRIDGE HANDS — D. Wenham has rung Peter Busch and Chris Snook, who are apparently away with bridge commitments, and left a message.
- BRIDGEMATES DETAILS To be displayed — as above
- COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES — Beryl to send copies of these minutes to D. Smith and P. Atkinson. Also put a copy on the notice board with a copy of the Financial Statement.
INWARDS — Congresses, Joan Butts Workshops
PHONE CALL — Lorna Seng rang to convey her many thanks for the flowers from the Club on her recent illness and also her thanks to Heather Bradley for bringing them to her.
J. Clark moved the Inwards Correspondence and Phone Call be received. Seconded A. Taylor. Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees — Day $610.00, Night $410.00, Total $1020.00
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: WDRC (Gas)$159.03, Telstra $83.61, Golding Air Conditioning & Heating $126.50.
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $706.84, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment, AS PER Financial Statement October 2015 and accounts moved for payment be passed for payment. Seconded E. Mahoney. Carried
- AIR CONDITIONER — The Air Conditioner has a close-down service after summer and an open service for summer. E. Mahoney rings Nathan Koehler, Golding Air Conditioning and Heating, when she arranges for her air conditioner to be serviced. Diane's grandson, from Goldings, came and found that the water had been turned off at the tap was the reason that the air conditioner wasn't working properly last Friday. To operate the air conditioner the front door of the Bridge Club is to be left wide-open along with one end window on each side, and run on the settings of cooling and fan but not on auto. The Director supervises the control of the air conditioner during bridge.
- ROLE OF DIRECTOR — To save time when the director is called only one person explains the problem. The director gives her answer and the game should progress quickly.
The Director is in control of Bridge Play and the time taken to play each round. Delays will be taken into consideration.
- AN APOLOGY is to be written to Therese Flegler, stating that we were under the impression that owing to illness in the family, she would not be able to put in a quote to cater for the Bridge Club's Christmas Dinner.
Last Day Of Play: Friday 18 December 2015.
Recommence: Tuesday 12 January 2016.
Next Meeting: Friday 29 January 2016
Meeting Closed : 9:30am