Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 27/01/2017
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Chaired by Vice-President A Taylor
Present: A. Taylor, J. Clark, E. Mahoney, P. Atkinson, M. Atkinson, R. Knight, D. Smith, B. McKay
Apologies: D. Wenham (President), A. Griffiths, M. Keating, J. Speziali, M. Mangold
Previous Minutes were read, moved as correct by R Knight Seconded E Mahoney .Carried
- CHRISTMAS PARTY: R. Knight spoke that as nice as the evening was, she would prefer to have the evening catered for as no one would need to work. J. Clark moved that we ask Heather Bradley to ask Therese Flegler if she would like to put in a quote and menu to cater for our Christmas Party night on 12 December 2017.Seconded P. Atkinson. Carried
- NOISY TOILET: Work in progress. Waiting on a part.
- LAPTOP: On going
- TEAMS OF THREE: discus next meeting.
- GARDEN DRIPPERS: Looking into
INWARDS — Congresses; Christmas Card — Lorna Smith, Central Pest Control—Christmas message and Scratchie
OUTWARDS — Kim Ellaway, Manager QBA — 2017 Programme; Lorna Smith — Christmas Card
M Atkinson moved the Inward Correspondence be received and Outward be endorsed Seconded J Clarke Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees (Day) $480, (Night) $400; Programs $56; Bank Interest 13cents $936.13
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: Telstra $81.89; Ergon Ernerg $289.57, Telstra $82.11; WDRC Water $93.88
The Report Wrtten by A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $3,387.66, as per Financial Statement December 2016, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment. Seconded M. Knight Carried
- DALBY CONGRESS 11-12: MARCH 2017
Annette Taylor to discuss with the President
- Toowoomba Club asked Rebecca if we were having a Congress in March.
- as Molly Smith has been asked to do the lunches of Sandwiches — Members to do the fillings.
- Has Alan Gibson been notified?
- Raffles — Groups of 4 as usual
- SESSION TIME: Margaret Atkinson does not agree with going to the toilet while in Dummy. Rebecca advised she doesn't put the clock on until everyone is at their tables.
- TELSTRA BILL: As new monthly rates are available P Atkinson moved the President be asked to change the plan to Small at $70/ month, which can be done ONLINE, seconded J Clarke. Carried
- BRIDGE LESSONS: organized by Rebecca Knight
- Flyers at the Shopping Centre, Tourist Information Centre, Senior Citizens and is going to go to all the schools.
- a Facebook Page advertising what's on Dalby and surrounds.
- Come-&-Try Day on Thursday 16 February 2017. New players to come and watch. Set boards for new people to practice playing hands.
- Commence in March
- Two Ads will be placed in Dalby Herald
- WHEELIE WALKER needed to be held in the club rooms to save those who depend on them from having to transport them from home
Next Meeting: Friday 10th February 2017 at 8. 45 am
Meeting Closed : 9.25 am