Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 20/5/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, A. Griffiths, A. Taylor, M. Atkinson, P. Atkinson, R. Knight, M. Keating, D. Smith, R. Routley, E. Mahoney, J. Clark, B. McKay
Previous Minutes were read. Confirmed by M Atkinson Seconded R. Knight. Carried
- FRONT STEP & RAILS — No to painting of top step. Do it all together when necessary.
- GRANT — The Grant was successful. Pat Weir wrote to the President, D. Wenham, that our Application for a Dealing Machine, Blind for the side door and cards, submitted by Margaret Atkinson, on behalf of our bridge club in Round 87 of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) was successful. Diane congratulated and thanked Margaret on behalf of herself and the members of the Club for all her work.
- SPECIAL SIDE TABLES — D. Wenham working on it.
- RAMP OUTSIDE LIGHT — has been done and some other necessary work
- REPLY TO MR LEY'S LETTER — The President has replied to Mr Ley's letter which she read out to the meeting.
INWARDS — Congresses,
Central Pest Control — reminder.
Knight Moved the Inwards Correspondence be received. Seconded M. Keating.
— INCOME: Table Fees — Day $620, Night $630, Zone Teams $65.45 Total $1315.45
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: WDRC (Gas) $78.96, Electrical $250, Telstra $80.99, Telstra $54.27, T. & M. The Tool Men(Repair Steps) $121.00
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $2942.13, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment, AS PER Financial Statement April 2016 and accounts moved for payment be passed for payment. Seconded D Smith Carried
CENTRAL PEST CONTROL REMINDER — The President, D. Wenham to get in touch to get it done.
- R. KNIGHT asked to have a copy of the reply, by the President, to Roger Ley's letter put on the notice Board.
- D. SMITH asked if the first card lead could be put on the Bridgemates? The meeting thought that it was a good idea
J. CLARK asked about the member's birthdays and cakes, was it for every birthday? Every birthday is special and as our membership is small it had been decided to celebrate every ones Birthdays. Diane gives eggs to Elsie Edgar to make a sponge or Rita Groom makes a cake. Diane Wenham looks after the birthdays or else the person's partner may wish to bring something. Please let Diane know.
- D. WENHAM advised play was too slow. The clock will now be used.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 28th June 2016 at 6.45 pm
Meeting Closed : 9:30am