Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 18/3/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, A. Taylor, A. Griffiths, J. Clark, P. & M. Atkinson, D. Smith, R. Routley, E. Mahoney, B. McKay
Apologies: R. Knight, M. Keating
Previous Minutes were read. Confirmed by A. Taylor Seconded J. Clark CARRIED Carried
- FRONT STEP — Mark Kelly has been busy and Diane will get back to him again.
- DETAILED BRIDGE HANDS ON THE INTERNET — are back on again
- MARCH CONGRESS — Thanks to E. Mahoney and Y. Perry for working in the kitchen. The lunch of assorted sandwiches and fruit salad and ice-cream was enjoyed. It was noted that there was a lack of tables to access the cards to be played —Too many tables and players —had more players than anticipated (19 tables should have only been 18) — Too much noise — (up to the Director to control) — Why didn't we employ someone in the kitchen? — will employ Molly for our next weekend Congress in September. — Will look into special tables to fit neatly in the corner of the tables.
INWARDS — Congresses
OUTWARDS — Nil
— INCOME: Table Fees — Day $390, Night $410, Yearly Membership (6) $300 Total $1100
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: Telstra $82.59
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $3236.69, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment, AS PER Financial Statement February 2016 and accounts moved for payment be passed for payment. Seconded M Atkinson Carried
- DIRECTOR FOR OUR CONGRESSES — P. Atkinson moved that we no longer ever have Alan Gibson as a Director as he was unable to control the excessive noise at our recent March Congress. Seconded M. Atkinson. After much discussion a vote was taken. The motion was defeated on a show of hands 8 to 2.
- AIR CONDITIONER AND FANS — B. McKay brought up the subject of members feeling the cool more than others. Members should bring something warm if they think they might find it too cool.
- KITCHEN DOORS NOT LOCKED — The cleaner, Margaret, advised that after the Congress the doors were not locked.
Next Meeting: Friday 15th April 2016 at 8.45 am
Meeting Closed : 9:30am