Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 11/11/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, A. Taylor, A. Griffiths, R. Routley, R. Knight, D. Smith, J. Clark, P. Atkinson, ,M. Atkinson M. Mangold, E. Mahoney, M. Keating, B. McKay
Previous Minutes were read by B Mckay moved as correct by R Routley Seconded R. Knight .Carried
- CONGRESSES NEXT YEAR — Diane Wenham, President, has contacted Kim Ellaway,Manager, QBA and Kim has advised that it will be suitable for the Dalby Bridge Club to change our Congresses and hold our Swiss Pairs and Teams on 11 and 12 March 2017 and the Congress in September will now only be Swiss Pairs on Sunday 10 September 2017. We are to advise the other Bridge Clubs in our area of the change.
- BOOKCASE: Thanks Elisabeth, it has fitted in nicely.
- BATTERIES: were purchased by Diane for the watering system.
- NOISY TOILET: Diane has been in touch with the plumber who is coming to have a look at the problem on Tuesday.
- IS A NEW LAPTOP NEEDED: Diane has been in touch with Eddie Otto, who is busy, and Diane is dropping the Laptop off at his house.
- CHRISTMAS PARTY: Tuesday 13 December at 6pm.
- Suggestions: Diane advised that she had asked Heather Bradley to see if Therese Flegler would like to put in a quote. Therese advised that she was already booked. After much discussion, Margaret Keating moved that the members of the club do the catering and it would be a 'Sit Down' meal. Seconded Annette Taylor. Carried.
- A list of food items required would be made out by Margaret Keating, Providore. It is suggested that those unable to provide from the list could donate $10 towards costs.
- MEMBERS CHRISTMAS GIFT (SANTA) : Each member to bring a gift ($10) to exchange.
- CHRISTMAS CHARITY HAMPER: Each member is asked to bring 2 items to put in the basket that will be given to Women In Crisis in Dalby by Friday 2 December.
- HOWELL MOVEMENT:It was suggested that the club have at least 2 a month.
- NEW MEMBERS: Rebecca advised that she is going to a Bridge Teacher Training Program in Brisbane on 19 November 2016, which will give her 15 points towards ABF Accreditation.
INWARDS — Congresses; Toowoomba Bridge Club was pleased with Dalby member's attendance at their Teams Of Three
OUTWARDS — Nil
J Clark moved the Inward Correspondence be received, Seconded R. Routley. Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees (Day) $440, (Night) $390; $830
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: WDRC RATES additional $13.88,
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $6194.60 as at 31 October 2016, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment, AS PER Financial Statement October 2016 and accounts moved for payment be passed for payment. Seconded M. Keating. Carried
- Margaret Mangold asked if we have a list of the cards in each round if there is a problem with a hand. One can be printed off but it is rarely needed so it is usually not done.
- Annette Taylor Asked Could we run a Teams-of-Three at our Club just for ourselves. D I will investigate
- Beryl McKay noted that cold Air conditioning is a problem. It was suggested that members who felt the cold bring bring something warm to wear.
Next Meeting: Friday 9th December 2016 at 8. 45 am
Meeting Closed : 9.25 am