Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 10/2/2017
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: D. Wenham, A. Griffiths, J. Clark, R. Routley, R. Knight, P. Atkinson, M. Mangold, B. McKay
Apologies: M. Keating, M. Atkinson, D. Smith
Previous Minutes were read, moved as correct by R Knight Seconded J Clarke.Carried
- CHRISTMAS PARTY:
- Heather Bradley advised that Therese would not be putting in a quote.
- It was suggested that we try Foodworks concerning meats and various salads. Heather advised that her husband, Jeff, and perhaps some of the other husbands might 'man' the kitchen.
- To be further discussed.
- NOISY TOILET: Fixed
- LAPTOP: Eddie Otto coming to look at
- TEAMS OF THREE: Try for last weekend in March.
- GARDEN DRIPPERS: Leave until the cooler weather.
- MARCH CONGRESS 11—12th
- Diane has rung Molly Smith about doing the kitchen.
- Alan Gibson, will Direct.
- Our Congress is advertised on the Toowoomba Bridge Club Internet Site.
- M. Keating(Providore) and J. Clark will do up a list for the sandwich fillings and morning teas.
- NEW TELSTRA PLAN: Diane looking into.
- BRIDGE LESSONS: REBECCA KNIGHT has 3 starters — 1 for Thursday night commencing 2nd March and 2 for Tuesday mornings commencing 7 March for 6 weeks. Article in paper today. Come and Try Day on Thursday 16 February 9am — 12 noon.
- WHEELIE WALKERS: Ruth Sargent to lend one.
INWARDS — Congresses; Judy Tresillian — Thank you letter re loss of her mother Nell Thornton
M Mangold moved the Inward Correspondence be received Seconded J Clarke Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees (Day) $410, (Night) $260; Annual Membership Dues $1960; Programmes $12:
Annette Griffith moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $5387.72, as per Financial Statement January 2017, be received Seconded M. Knight Carried
General Business (Around the Room)
- RUTH ROUTLEY: Reminded members to be at Bridge Meetings and to play Bridge on time.
- REBECCA KNIGHT asked about Reg Busch's Rules. Del Smith has downloaded the Laws of Directing etc and is doing up a list of the common rules and will also pass on any other information as the need arises.
- DIANE WENHAM advised that when the Director goes to the table you accept without argument what the Director says. If you think it is wrong you can appeal later.
Next Meeting: Friday 24/3/2017 at 8. 45 am
Meeting Closed : 9.20 am