Dalby Bridge Club Minutes 9/12/2016
Meeting held at 8:45am in the Bridge Club Rooms
Present: . Wenham, A. Griffiths, R. Routley, J. Clark, M. Keating, D. Smith, M. Atkinson, M. York, R. Knight, M. Mangold, E. Mahoney, A. Taylor, B. McKay
Apologies: P Atkinson
Previous Minutes were read by B Mckay moved as correct by R Routley Seconded M Keating .Carried
- CHRISTMAS PARTY: M. Keating gave a report. Apologised for not thinking she had to consult with the committee.
- The menu would be leg ham, turkey breast, special potato salad, green tossed salad and beetroot and orange salad.
- Sweets: Cassata (Rita Groom has made) Plum Pudding (Carmel Hartmann to make), custard and pouring cream.
- Lollies and Nuts also, M. Keating to do the Punch. D. Wenham offered to get the decorations for the tables.
- If you like you can make something at home.
- Preparations: 9am on Tuesday Morning. All are welcome to help. Do up zip bags for salads etc.
- J. Clark suggested that we ask Therese Flegler for next year for a quote. It was decided to leave until after this Christmas to further discus.
- NOISY TOILET: Attended to, new float put in ladies toilet.
- LAPTOP: to take around
- TEAMS OF THREE: for our own members, wait for next year, have on a Sunday.
INWARDS — Congresses
OUTWARDS — Kim Ellaway, Manager QBA — Audited Financial Report
M Keating moved the Inward Correspondence be received and Outward be endorsed Seconded R. Knight Carried
— INCOME: Table Fees (Day) $380, (Night) $300; $680
— ACCOUNTS PASSED FOR PAYMENT: WDRC (Gas) $148.28, Hedge Sports Store (Engraving Trophies) $93.00, Telstra $83.03
The Treasurer, A. Griffiths moved her financial report, which showed a credit balance of $3,387.66, as per Financial Statement November 2016, be received and accounts be endorsed for payment. Seconded M. Mangold Carried
- RECOMMENCEMENT: Rebecca asked could we recommence Bridge sooner than we did this year. It was decided if members wished to do so, play for 2016 would finish on Tuesday night 20 December and recommence on Friday 6 January 2017.
- READY TO PLAY: Members to be seated by 7:20pm on Tuesday nights and 9:20am on Fridays. If N/S or E/W players are late and so they are not able to complete all the boards, a 60% score will be given to the other pair.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Diane Wenham and Margaret Keating who came second with 73.95% playing North/South in the Queensland Wide Pairs and Jenny Speziali and Daphne Stack with 59.53% playing North/South came 33.
- Margaret Mangold Myself and Clair Callow cleaned up the front garden and cut back branches. We found the drippers are not working properly. Margaret Keating advised that her husband, Noel, would come up and look at them with Margaret Mangold. Also how much can you chop off the small trees etc? The meeting agreed to what Margaret Mangold thought as appropriate. Leave at the moment until it is a bit cooler.
- Del Smith: Thank you to Margaret Mangold and Clair Callow for their work in the garden.
- Beryl McKay CLOCK — Sorry there isn't time to have a cup of tea or go to the toilet. Most times people are not seated for the next game or have run to the toilet etc, that is understandable and by that time the clock has commenced again. You should be able to go to the toilet while being Dummy.
Next Meeting: Friday 27th January 2017 at 8. 45 am
Meeting Closed : 9.25 am